Reload this Page >

Family accomodation in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Dick Bourke

Can anyone recommend good apartments to rent for 4 nights in Paris for a family of four or a reasonably priced hotel in the city centre.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 11:45 AM
elaine

CJould you be more specific about what you would like to spend for the 4 nights?

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Miane

Dear Dick, <BR>You may find difficult to rent an apartment in Paris for 4 nights only, as most companies rent for a minimum of 7 nights. You're probably bvtter off getting a hotel. Check www.paris-hotels.com for a good list by area and price range. "City-Center": I assume you're going there for leisure vs business. In that case, I would recommend that you look at the 5th (Quartier Latin), 6th (St Germain) and 4th (Marais, Ile de la Cite, Ile Saint-Louis): you will be able to stroll to all areas/sights of the city and will have plenty of bars, restaurants and other amenities to choose from. <BR>This board also has a lot of threads and useful information on the subject of Paris hotels and by doing a search, you will find some good recommendations. <BR>

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 04:19 PM
Sue

Found this recent posting: <BR>Author: wjh ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 1/07/2001, 1:45 pm ET <BR> <BR>Message: We recently traveled to France with our 6 and 11 year old daughters. In Paris, we stayed at the Hotel Palais Bourbon in the 7th. The hotel was perfect for our family. Our room had a small ajoining room so the girls had some privacy and Raphael at the front desk could not have been more pleasant and helpful. <BR> <BR>There are also Citadines Apart'hotels (www.citadines.com), but I know nothing about them.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 05:00 PM
Miane

Indeed, Citadines is a (very agressive)chain of serviced apartments with several buildings throughout Paris (and other European cities). Quality is basic 3* without much character but they're convenient. They belong to a large/reliable French group. Not my taste but worth checking.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Miane

Dear Dick, <BR>I checked the Citadines site and find their apartments rather pricey for what you get, especially compared to hotels. <BR>I also checked another company I've used from time to time: www.psrparis.com. They have a large selection of apartments and from the "terms and conditions", it seems that you can rent for less than a week--subject to confirmation from them. They've been in business for years and also a reliable company.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Christina

There are very few companies that rent apartments for such a short time; PSR requires a five day minimum. Here is one US firm that I think will allow rentals of only a few days (of course you pay a lot for that convenient): www.paris-sleeps.com. I know of no others except the apartment/hotels like Citadines. They are large, modern places with rather small rooms but can be convenient if you have some particular need for an apartment; they seem to be priced about the same as a 3 star hotel to me. Other such chains you could check (as they will usu allow short stays) are Orion and Home Plazza. I would not recommend you rent an apt for such a short stay, it requires a lot of money (ie, deposits way ahead of time, and payment in full before arrival) and planning. Those apartmenthotels usu allow payment more like a hotel (www.apartmenthotel.com is an agency that handles them, B&V Assoc, and the other chain (Home Plazza) is on www.123france.com or www.hoteldiscounts.com. There have been several threads recently on your other question re hotels with quads for families.