Fall weather in Florence?

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 11:57 AM
Drek

Fall weather in Florence?

I have two quesions. First, what sort of weather should we expect in Florence in the four weeks following September 20? Second, has anyone stayed in Hotel Chiazza? We have been booked there by the language school we will be attending and wonder what to expect.

Grateful for any advice.

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 02:18 PM
Rex

From www.worldclimate.com

September:

Avg 68 degrees F (20 C)
Avg high 79 F (26 C)
Avg low 57 F (14 C)

October:

Avg 59 degrees F (15 C)
Avg high 69 F (20.6 C)
Avg low 49.8 F (9.9 C)

Another web site often mentioned here is www.wunderground.com which gives actual historic data for one or more years back in time. On September 20, 2000, the high was 80.6 F and the low was 62.6

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Jane

Expect it to be rainy in October, I was there the last two weeks of October 1999 and some days it poured. Don't worry thoigh, there's enough inside attractions to keep you busy in spite of it.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 07:52 AM
------

Temps will be comfortable. Probably get rain. As you'll be there for 4 weeks, sure you'll also catch some sunshine.

Never stayed at Hotel Chiazza. Good location; sounds like a basic 2-star accommadation.

AND interesting choice of moniker? Assume you do realize that "Drek" means sh-t in Yiddish?

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 03:32 PM
Derek

Thanks for the comments. Shikse, as you will see my moniker was a typing error. I thought the meaning of drek in Yiddish was "rubbish", but I would not stake my reputation on it!