Reload this Page >

Fake Fodor's Pins Spotted!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2001, 03:57 PM
sally

Can you believe it! I just about fell over when I saw them, but there they were, in the Straw Market in Florence! I had mine on and was able to compare and they were so close it was very difficult to tell unless you inspected them very closely. I asked the vender where he got them and he said someone from the states sold him one and that everyone would want to buy one if he made copies. He said he already sold about 100 in 4 days! Can you believe it! My mouth is still hanging open. He was charging $15.00, which I told him was way too much, but he said people were buying them and he would'nt go any lower. It's a strange world.! <BR>At least I have an original!

Old May 30th, 2001, 03:59 PM
Get Real

Another troll

Old May 30th, 2001, 04:02 PM
xxx

Ta-roll, we love ya! Got mine today!

Old May 30th, 2001, 05:58 PM
xxx

Sally, wow how did they make them so fast? Maybe Fodor's could contact them and have them make some better ones, if they were made in Italy they would have to be better!

Old May 30th, 2001, 06:05 PM
les

&lt;&lt;if they were made in Italy they would have to be better&gt;&gt; <BR> <BR>Ever own a Fiat?

Old May 30th, 2001, 07:27 PM
xxx

Sorry, no I haven't but my Ferrari is running quite fine thank-you!

Old May 31st, 2001, 03:24 AM
HeHe

Is he also producing envelopes that are torn & empty also ? There seems to be quite a demand for them !

Old May 31st, 2001, 06:50 AM
liz

I'm booking my trip to Florence right now just so I can purchase one of the pins in the market! Which stall was he in? I will not be denied my life!

Old May 31st, 2001, 07:06 AM
Rex

You could come to Westerville, Ohio for one of my "Europe grocery tours"! <BR> <BR>and see both pins - - live! <BR> <BR>http://www.geocities.com/rexbickers/BothPins.htm <BR> <BR>maybe even get one! <BR> <BR>LOL!!! <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 07:27 AM
ro

i still have not rec'd my pin. do we know if they were all mailed out?

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 01:58 PM
Christina

Very funny since Rex just got back from Italy, I believe. Coincidence? I think not.