Old Sep 28th, 2019, 01:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“Explore Wales” Pass: 8 days of bus?

I am finding conflicting information on the web about the Explore Wales Pass:

a) valid for 4 days of rail travel in an 8 day period, or

b) valid for 4 days of rail travel AND 8 days of bus travel in an 8 day period

My emails to TfW remain unanswered.

Can someone please clarify, and perhaps point me to a current website? We are interested in roaming slowly through Wales over the course of a week or so, and this pass — if it included bus travel on 8 days — would be perfect.

EJZ

** edited to note that this has nothing to do with Portugal — ticking that country tag was an error. Apologies.

Last edited by EmJayZee; Sep 28th, 2019 at 01:47 AM.
Old Sep 28th, 2019, 02:02 AM

On their website it looks like 4 days out of 8 for both bus and train. https://tfwrail.wales/ticket-types/explore-wales
Old Sep 28th, 2019, 02:05 AM

As I read it, on TfW and Arriva it is 4 days of rail and 8 days of bus in an 8 day period, on participating companies trains and buses, either for all of Wales or for an area of Wales, plus a few selected stations in England. There are time restrictions on the train use, but no restrictions on bus use.

Edit: this link explains it well I think. GB RAIL ROVER GUIDE - Explore Wales Pass
Old Sep 28th, 2019, 02:42 AM
Original Poster

Ah, yes — that is the difficulty.

I had not even included option (c) as nonconformist2 has noted: use for 4 days in 8 on bus and train, and not for anything on the other four days.

I much prefer the answer from hetismij2. I have read that link as well as pages from a couple of bus companies that indicate 8 days of bus ridership, but of course the train websites (National Rail, TfW) only mention rail.

is there any way of confirming the 8 days of bus use, other than getting on a bus and hoping it is accepted?
Old Sep 28th, 2019, 02:57 AM

Maybe it is technically only supposed to be 4 in 8 for buses too but if the bus doesn't use a scanner they wouldn't know if it was a valid day or not?