Reload this Page >

Exact directions to a gem of a village

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 12:22 PM
pdv28

Does anyone happen to have exact directions how to get to Menerbes (Luberon) outside of Isle Sur La Sorgue. Do you train to Isle Sur La Sorgue and then take a bus to Menerbes? <BR> <BR>Would you happen to know where I could find out about times for these buses and where to bus from?? <BR> <BR>Thanks for any and all help! <BR>Patricia

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 01:13 PM
pdv28

I forgot to mention that I won't have a car, but there must be a way to get there by bus?? <BR> <BR>Can anyone help? <BR>Thanks! <BR>Patricia

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 05:52 PM
clairobscur

There's probably a bus, but I couldn't find any information about bus transport in this region. You should try to send an e-mail on these sites : <BR> <BR>www.leluberon.com (info-contact) and: <BR> <BR>http://www.tourisme.fr/cgi-bin/aurwe...ville=bonnieux <BR> <BR>The last one is the page of the tourism office of the village of Bonnieux which seems to cover the village of Menerbes too.

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 07:44 PM
pdv28

Clair, <BR> <BR> Thank you so much for your help! I will go check out the last sight mentioned! It seems to me that there must be a way to get there besides car...so I'm crossing my fingers! <BR> <BR>Thanks again for your help! <BR>Patricia

Old Sep 23rd, 2000, 12:12 AM
Clairobscur

I checked the local tourism office.It seems that there's no public transportation to Menerbes. the closest village with a bus would be "Les Baumettes", 8 kilometers away. From Avignon (near the railway station), you would have several buses a day (6h40am,10h45am,12h15pm,3H15pm,4H20pm,5H10pm,6H35p m). From "les Baumettes" to Menerbes, you would then need a taxi. It seems that a car would be very useful in this area.

Old Sep 23rd, 2000, 05:18 PM
pdv28

Clair, <BR> <BR> Thank you very much for going to the trouble of checking the tourism office! I really appreciate that info and the bus schedules. At least I have an idea of how to get there now and at least it is possible to get there. <BR> <BR>Many thanks! <BR>Patricia