Ever been to Rome ??

Old May 14th, 1998, 03:16 PM
Nikki

Ever been to Rome ??

My family and I are leaving for Rome, Italy at the end of July. This is my first time going to Italy and I am in charge of planning the trip for my whole family (My mom, dad, brother, & myself). Right now I'm in the middle of reading several travel books and trying to find the best hotel for us. I could really use some advice on where to stay. I'm looking for a hotel that will be clean, friendly, be in a good location, and have a bueatiful view of the city. Price range is under $200 - the cheaper, the
better !!! Thanks for helping me out !!

Old Jun 11th, 1998, 05:19 PM
dimi

Been there and done that! My advice - the Hotel Manfredi by the spanish Steps - extremely conveinant location for all of the tourist sights in Rome and right around the block is the train station and bus stop. And for only $135 a night you get a brand new room with a marble bathroom. Key in Europe! If you want more info - e-mail me. I've been there 3 times!

Old Jun 12th, 1998, 12:28 PM
Cindy Urthaler

Please tell me a little more about your hotel in Rome. Have you stayed at the same hotel each time you visited Rome? I have been checking out the 5 and 4 star hotels but they can get pretty expensive! <BR> <BR>Thanks for your info. <BR>Cindy

Old Jun 14th, 1998, 04:45 PM
Richard Von Schlichten

I spent my honeymoon in Rome and we stayed at the Hotel Lancelot, about three blocks from the colosseum. The price last summer was 175,000 Lire which is currently about $98. The hotel is three stars and is very nice, very clean, and the staff is very helpful. It serves a tasty breakfast--cereals, fresh fruit, several breads, coffee and juice. In fact, we liked it so much that we made a resevation to stay there our final night, after our tour through Venice, Florence, and Tuscany. We stayed in the older part of the hotel during the beginning and our last night was in the newly renovated part which was even nicer. If you want more information, here is their url: <BR> <BR>http://www.venere.it/roma/lancelot/lancelot.html <BR> <BR>If you need any more information, drop an e-mail

Old Jun 15th, 1998, 06:43 AM
dimi

Hi Cindy - for the $, location, and great staff, you can't beat the Hotel Manfredi. This was a great new discovery. I loved everything about it so much more over the other places i stayed. If you want their info, e-mail me. i sent two couples their since and they all thanked me! Caio!

Old Jun 15th, 1998, 07:37 PM
Michele

To Spin: we are renting an apt. the last week in June from Roman Homes and yes, Dr. Abate surely does cross every 't', etc. Where was your apt. located? Ours is near the Pantheon, via dell' Collegio Capriani or something like that. If this is the same apt. that you rented, I would appreciate any tips you would be willing to share. Feel free to email me but please hurry-we leave the day after tomorrow!

Old Jun 20th, 1998, 04:36 AM
Linda Mastriana

Pls let me know the best way to book a reservation at Hotel Manfredi. I'm going to Rome early July and this is my first trip there so I'm pretty ignorant on what to do. Any suggestions for hotel in Florence? <BR>Thanks!