Reload this Page >

Ever been to Paris in the spring?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Jacqui

I've read numerous books and websites but find varying information regarding the weather in Paris in late May. I am deterimined to pack just one suitcase and need to know how warm or cool it will be. <BR>Thank you for your help : )

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 12:01 PM
Diane

Think 60's to mid 70's. Bring one jacket that you're comfortable in day or night time for when it's cool. If you have to purchase a sweater while there, well, c'est la vie! You'll be fine.

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 12:18 PM
linda

jacqui, I vote for packing a sweater. I have been in France both early and late May. You are quite likly to have cool moments that will feel cold if it is windy, even with a jacket. I am not a big shopper, although it can be fun. Also, shopping and buying some great item you find is always easier than looking for a particular item you need. <BR> <BR>Have fun on your trip.

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 12:59 PM
Shanna

Jacqui, I went second week in May - froze the ol' kiester off and was absolutely miserable. If you live in the cold north, then 50-60F might seem warm to you, but if you're spring is warm - 70F or so - then you'll probably be cold at 60F. I'm going at the end of May and will take silk undies, warm tights, unlined wool cape to wear over and under clothes I would normally wear in about 70F temps. But I'll also check the forecast right before I go and adapt my wardrobe. I haven't put away my winter clothes yet just in case. They don't call it NORTHERN Europe for nothing! Have a great time in the most wonderful city!

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 01:09 PM
Capo

Jacqui, I was in Paris in May of 1994. The first few days were nice, but then it got rainy and quite cool, so definitely bring something warm in that one suitcase. <BR> <BR>You can check out current weather at: http://www.worldpages.com/weather/ <BR> <BR>The high today for Paris is 49, and the low 27, with rain. And, believe it or not, they're showing snowflakes for Friday! <BR> 49

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 01:15 PM
Fred

Whatever you read, whatever anyone tells you, don't believe it. Paris is just too unpredictable to tell. We were there the end of May one year and had to buy thermal underwear. Friends went one May and they had a heat wave. It can be mild, sunny, cold, nasty, rainy, windy, and you may get days with all of the above the same day. That's Paris. Be prepared, as always, with layers to put on or take off......and umbrellas.For more Paris information e-mail me- [email protected] <BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 02:00 PM
Meg

Check the weather before you leave. A few years ago we were in Paris for 6 days. We flew in on June 27 and it was freezing but I knew it and had brought a few warm sweaters to layer with. The last 3 days we were there it hit 90 almost every day and I broke out the summer clothes. You never know.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 06:02 AM
xxx

Hate to say this but you just never know. Temps could be low 50s or high 80s. Typical northern Europe. We've had a really grotty spring so far over here. Best to take a really good light windbreaker jacket and lots of layers. Whatever the weather, c'est magnifique!