Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Even jusr READING a thread now a nightmare. Right click works though.

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 10:24 PM
xxx

The deterioration continues. It no longer seems possible to even just get ANY thead to topen to read it. The only way I can read anything here is to use right click and open to a new window.

Of course, if you don't figure this out on your own, I don't know how you will read this to get any help from it!

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:35 AM
Rex

Things are better this morning? Did they work through the night?

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:51 AM
Ed

I don't think so Rex. When I first tried a couple of minutes ago it took over two dozen attempts to bring up any thread at all. If you check the number of threads with new messages overnight it appears the problems continued, and probably got worse.

I'm stunned that the deterioration has evoked no comments from the folks at Fodors. Perhaps they're unable to post anything on the site?

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 04:08 AM
xyz

Ed if it wasn't for your comment this morning would be my last time being on this board. I used to love this board but now it drives me crazy. I typed a long response to a question on Africa forum and you know what happend. Same with the answer to a question here. I won't try anymore. Thanks for your sense of humor

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 07:30 AM
Editors

Dear Travel Talk Users:

The error messages you saw over the weekend were caused by a server malfunction, but Fodors.com technical staff has since corrected the problem.

In other news, we're still working on the Forums software, and we'll keep you apprised of our progress.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Best,

Aisling Brennan
Senior Producer

Dave Downing
Forums Coordinator

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 11:30 AM
Ishoo

I don't understand! I have no trouble with this forum. Of course I don't spend the better part of the day here.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 11:39 AM
Cathy

Never mind reading a thread overnight the forum sems to have ate postings, please please either fix it anf then leave it alone for ever more

A devoted user