Reload this Page >

Euston Plaza hotel

Search

Euston Plaza hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2001, 11:26 AM
Steve

Euston Plaza hotel

Is anyone familar with the Euston plaza hotel in Bloomsbury and can offer an opinion??

Old May 19th, 2001, 11:27 AM
steve

Talking about the Euston plaza in London...

Old May 23rd, 2001, 03:45 AM
Victor

I stayed there 2 years ago and found it to be just fine. My only memory of note was that the room was very small, but that's common in London.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 06:32 AM
steve

Thank you victor. Can you tell me anything about the location?

Old May 23rd, 2001, 06:16 PM
kate

I returned from London on May 13th after having stayed at the Euston Plaza for 7 nights. I've stayed at the Euston 5 times in the past 6 years and have always been extremely satisfied with the accommodation. This last trip I experienced my first complaint against the Euston and that was during check-in.....I was sent to 3 different rooms before a suitable room was found: 1st room was for non-smokers (I had requested smoking), 2nd room had windows that didn't open to the outside but the 3rd room was fine. The check-in fiasco was annoying but it certainly wouldn't put me off giving the Euston another chance. Normally I don't have much interaction with the Front Desk except when checking in and checking out so after I calmed down I decided it was no big deal. It did cross my mind that maybe this is what an earlier poster referred to as 'bait and switch tactics'. The rooms at the back are large (by London standards) and quieter, whereas a front room can be quite small and noisy (on Woburn). The continental breakfast is the European type with cheese, cold meat, hard-boiled eggs etc. The location is 1 short block to the Euston Rail/tube station or a 5-minute walk to either the Piccadilly line (Russell tube station) or the other Euston tube station (there are 2 Euston stations with each being on a different line). I know Mr. Haines has said Bloomsbury is out of the way but I find the area convenient, interesting and safe. <BR>If you decide to stay at the Euston then please email me if you require more info. <BR>