Eurostar - London/Paris route

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I've traveled this route in the past but before Brexit. I've had both good and bad experiences with timing.
Just looking for some recent input on how far in advance you need to be at the train station, how long the lines are to get through immigration, etc., and generally speaking what to expect. I remember for example, where to find the line was confusing, so any tips would be appreciated.

thanks!
Old Jan 5th, 2024, 07:32 AM

From my ride in Sept, I would recommend following the advice on the official website - https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/trave...-trip/check-in

It turned out, of course, I couldn't join the queue straightaway 90 mins in advance. I had to wait for another 15-20 mins. There was roughly 45-60 mins wait before boarding.

Still, you want to cover your backs in the event of long queue.

Old Jan 5th, 2024, 08:00 AM

My last experience was in July. They seem to try to hold separate queues for the different trains until they open the check-in about 75 minutes before departure, but they do have signs out and people to direct you to the right queue: it might look chaotic but it isn't. Once they do open the check-in the queue moves pretty quickly, and moving through security and passport controls doesn't take as long as it feels like.
Old Jan 5th, 2024, 08:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Lines are longer than they used to be: just follow the official guidelines.
Old Jan 5th, 2024, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all!
Old Jan 6th, 2024, 12:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just in case you have to ask, in the UK we use "queue" (cue) rather than "line" and asking for the line may just confuse.
Old Jan 6th, 2024, 07:08 AM

Our experience in March 2023 is that after getting through security it was packed in the waiting area and there was absolutely nowhere to sit (even the floor was filled up with people sitting). Just wanted to mention in case that could be an issue for anyone in your group. We went through security at the recommended timing on our reservation - I think there was another train before ours that hadn't boarded yet so it was very busy.