Reload this Page >

eurostar from Rome To Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2001, 06:55 PM
pam

Travelling from Rome train station to Florence. <BR>Concerned about putting baggage aboard and finding it when I get out at Florence. <BR>Any info on this? <BR>I am taking the Eurostar and really need some help...this is my first trip abroad. <BR>I also would appreciate finding out if there are taxis at the Florence train station and easily accessible? <BR>What will the situation be when they unload the baggage at Florence? <BR>Please help...leaving soon <BR>Thank YOu

Old May 29th, 2001, 07:11 PM
HoneyBee

Hi Pam, <BR> <BR>We just took the Eurostar train from Rome to Venice; it stopped in Florence after about 1 hr and 45 min (very quick!) You have to load/unload your own luggage; get there early so you can put it in the car you're in. We were late and had to stick ours in the next car since the luggage area in ours was full (the space for large luggage is near the doors). There's space above the seats for smaller bags. I was a little worried about it being there when we got to our destination, but I guess you could keep an eye on it. Don't know about the taxi situation in Florence but I'd suspect they're plentiful at the station. Good luck!

Old May 29th, 2001, 07:13 PM
topping

bringing your message to the top to be with the other nearly identical question you have also already asked tonight <BR>

Old May 29th, 2001, 07:14 PM
zz-top

YOU are the baggage handler --- don't worry about not finding your luggage as there is NO "THEY". Each person is responsible for bringing & loading your own stuff on/off the train (another reason why the mantra to 'pack light' is oft repeated on this board). <BR> <BR>

Old May 29th, 2001, 07:25 PM
Santa Chiara

Pam, no one answered your question about the taxi situation. When you get off the train you will walk down the side of the tracks until you come to a big lobby area. Turn left and go out of the station and then turn right. A taxi stand is at the end of the block. Lines can be long, however, but just "hai pazienza," (have patience), a phrase you will come to appreciate the longer you are in Italy. Also, you should know that as you approach Florence you will need to start gathering your things and heading to a spot between cars. You need to get off quickly. You will know you are approaching Florence because it will be the only really big city. Get the exact schedule off www.fs-on-line, the web site for the Italian train system. You will need to plug in Roma and Firenze for the departure and destination cities. Buon viaggio and have a great time in Italy.

Old May 29th, 2001, 07:30 PM
Santa Chiara

Sorry, Pam, I did not post the write web site address: it is www.fs-on-line.com (or .it). Also when you are getting ready to get off, it is not always apparent what side of the train you will descend. Watch the tracks (and your fellow passengers)so you can better position yourself. I am giving you this advice about a hasty departure because the train schedule allows only for a very short embark and debark before it moves on.