Eurorail

Jan 30th, 2002, 06:50 AM
charlie

Eurorail

Need information on rail travel from Amsterdam to Berlin. Travel time, cost, etc. I can't seem to hook up the right site to get train schedules. Thanks

Jan 30th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Patrick

Depending upon your times it is roughly 6 to 6 and 1/2 hours. One of the best connections is a direct one from Amsterdam Centraal at 10:13 arriving in Berlin at 16:16. The only price I could come up with is 70.40 Euros in 2nd class for the German segment only.
I used www.eurorail.com by the way.

Incidentally, you might want to rethink your post titles. I had a hard time refinding this post. Something like "Train from Amsterdam to Berlin" might get you more well informed responses. Your title might make some with the correct knowledge bypass you, thinking your post was about Eurorail passes or other questions.

Jan 30th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Russ

You can use the German train system site as well. My search on the German leg between Bad Bentheim, near the dutch border, and Berlin yielded a fare of 69 Euro on the 8:13 train that leaves Amsterdam, arriving 14:16 in Berlin, no changes required. Here's the site where you can search schedules and fares:

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?newrequest=yes&protocol=http

For the Dutch leg, go to www.ns.nl, click on "English", and search. You'll find the fare between Amsterdam and Hengelo, the Dutch border town, to be 17 Euro.

Jan 30th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Manny

Another web site to check out prices and time schedule is
www.raileurope.com
Good Luck.

Jan 30th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Patrick

Once again, the www.eurorail.com website is the German rail site. A window opens in the middle and utilizes the actual DB website -- but it is already in English and for some reason is often easier to access and works much quicker than if I go directly to the DB (German) website. The reason for the very slight difference in price between the two is either because I entered a later date -- or perhaps because I priced the later train.