european honeymoon in oct--where to go?

May 11th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Original Poster

european honeymoon in oct--where to go?

ok, so my fiance and i are getting married in the states on oct 1. we live in london and will be flying back to london on the 2nd. we would like a WARM honeymoon destination within europe that is reachable via a direct flight from london.

we've discussed croatia and cyprus...we tend to prefer off the beaten path places (eg we have traveled to south africa, slovenia, and egypt in the last year). your suggestions and thoughts are GREATLY appreciated! thank you!

ps yay for uchenna and joyce!!
May 11th, 2005, 03:47 AM
ira

Hi V,

The Amalfi Coast is usually still warm the first 2 weeks of Oct.

May 11th, 2005, 04:37 AM

Southern Spain, especially Andalucia and the Costa del Sol, are wonderful at that time of year. Last year we were in Seville the last weekend in September and the temperature was in the 90s. The weather was exquisite for the entire 10 days we were there and there were lots of people on the beaches.
May 11th, 2005, 05:48 AM

Victoria - you say warm, but are you looking for touring/sightseeing or a beach/relaxation type of holiday?
May 11th, 2005, 05:56 AM

If you want to stay in Europe, I'd go for Andalucia! The weather will be great around that time. If you want to give it a more romantic but original honeymoon touch, try staying in one of the lovely Paradores. These are state-owned hotels, often in exquisite locations like castles or monastries.
Check out: http://www.parador.es
May 11th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions and keep 'em coming!

Kate, I think we're thinking mostly beach/relaxation but with a bit of sight seeing...say 70% beach/pool and 30% culture! however, we will only have a week, so we're not averse to 100% relaxation!