Search

Europe Travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Europe Travel

I intend to spend a month in Europe. I would like cues about the best way and the most beutfull places to vist. I also look for information about hotels and restaurants. What is the best way to have a nice trip spending short money? Should I rent a car, or it would be better going by train / bus? Thanks.
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 07:04 AM

I do not generally recommed this, but your question is so general and vague that it appears that you have no clue on what you really want to do. Why not take a 3 week guided tour such as a Rick Steves tour, which would give you a taste of Europe for another more individualized trip?
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 07:11 AM

On big cities stay away from car rental, parking can be a nightmare and usually the subways are great. All of Europe is beautiful, my advice is to plan your trip so you do not have to spend half the time packing and unpacking and moving from hotel to train stations and back. Get yourself a good book. If you are young you will probably love Barcelona and London. There are good websites for trains, check out www.eurostar.com, it is a really cool train that takes you through an underwater tunnel from London to Paris in about 2.5 hours, I think the round ticket is about $150. The trains in Europe are great, I personally have hated overnight travel. There is another website called www.ricksteves.com which also has good information. Good luck and enjoy your trip!
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 07:15 AM

Guli, I'll answer your question if you'll answer some of mine.

I'm thinking about buying a car. What kind should I buy and where should I go to buy it?

I'm kind of hungry. Where should I go eat. Or would it be better to stay home and eat? What should I eat. How much should it cost?

I'm thinking of going to college. Where should I go? What's the nicest one to go to? Should I go somewhere in the US or to a foreign country? What should I study?

Get the idea of what is wrong with your question?

Old Nov 27th, 2003, 09:42 AM

I must agree totally with earl30's answer to your questions. Until you narrow down on your interests, no one is going to give you much help. Good luck.
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 11:40 AM

I'm back, just realized you might want to check out www.virgin.com, hit vacations it will take you through all inclusive (air, hotel and land) vacation packages that might help you plan your trip.
Old Nov 28th, 2003, 04:38 AM
jmw

If you're young and brave enough, buy the least expensive Eurrail pass you can find (maybe there is no such thing), and then sleep on a lot of nighttrains to save hotel costs (no couchettes or private accommodations, of course). This was a grand idea in the 1970's; don't know about now. Also, buy a book or find a website about hostels that rent beds for the night in dorm-like rooms.
(or haylofts.) Bon voyage. J.