Reload this Page >

Europe myth # 6... Don't bother with blades or scooters due to the cobblestones

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Jack

There's not that many cobble stones anywhere...well at least no where near as much as other fodorites seemed to indicate.<BR><BR>I even saw a scooter (the push kind not the motor kind) used in a cobblestone village in the provence region.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 06:55 PM
bof

Jack, how many more myths you have in your box?

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 06:58 PM
jack

i have a heap that will never make it to this forum (so you can be glad about that) but maybe one or two more that might crop up but not more than 2. Maybe you might have a myth yourself.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 06:50 AM
Inspector Clouseau

In my hrum a myth got burnt in the candle flame.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 07:39 PM
Rex

What happened to the rest of Jack's myth postings. Was there something wrong with them? I actually never read much more than part of a few of them. But now, all seem to be missing but this one.<BR><BR>I'm looking for the one about lefthand-side-of-the-road driving and the myth of needing an automatic transmission.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 04:51 AM
Howard

Not that they'll change the course of human events, but what are the first five (for those of us who somehow missed the postings)?

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Rex

I don't really remember the others accurately.<BR><BR>Perhaps I don't even have this one exactly right<BR><BR>&lt;&lt;the one about lefthand-side-of-the-road driving and the myth of needing an automatic transmission.&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I think there was one about something involving "German autobahn drivers"? Maybe along the lines that Germany is not the only country where drivers go incredibly fast. I only partly agree with this one. Many drive 150-180 in a number of countries, but Germans (both in and outside Germany) seem to be the most prevalent, driving (WELL) above 200 kph.<BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Ann

Not sure I agree with that one, either, Rex, but this rollerblade myth is accurate. The "blade nights" all over Central Europe are GREAT! Wish we had such a thing here...