Reload this Page >

Europe Itinerary

Search

Europe Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 1998, 07:01 PM
erwin

Europe Itinerary

I will vacationing in Europe next year during spring time. Let's say I will only have 10 days to stay in Europe , what itinerary can you suggest? London-Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam? <BR>But what about Italy and Germany? Please help me.

Old Nov 3rd, 1998, 01:28 AM
Maira

Erwin: My first advice is to concentrate in one (max two) countries. Europe is not going anywhere; you can always go back someday. If you never been to the countries you listed, my second advice would be to go to Italy (runner up: Paris). Spring is a great time to go. Please keep all posted how's the brainstorming going. You will get tons of good ideas from this forum. <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 3rd, 1998, 04:37 AM
Paul Rabe

I agree with the previous poster. On a ten day trip, try to reduce the number of countries you visit to at most two; one would be better. <BR> <BR>Which ones? Depends on what's important to you, and you only can answer that! Concerned about the language barrier -- better not leave the U.K; want wonderful food -- go anywhere but! :^) <BR> <BR>If you can be more specific on exactly what you hope to experience while you are over there, we can be more specific on where you're most likely to find it.

Old Nov 3rd, 1998, 08:54 AM
Tom

Erwin, you really need to determine how much time for each country. My wife and I spent 11 days in London last November and still didn't see it all. (our second trip). So, given that you appear to want some variety, and assuming that you have to fly in and out from the same city allow me to suggest the following: <BR> <BR>England (London area), train and boat to Brugges Belgium, train to Koln, Gemrany, KD boat down the Rhine to Koblenz, train to Trier, Germany, train to Ghent, Belgium and then back to London stopping in Canterbury. This will give a real slice of Europe. London, the great city, Brugges the incredible city of the middle ages, a cruise down the Rhine for vineyards and castles, the Mosel, a mini Rhine and Trier for Roman ruins and back to Canterbury for history and the cathedral. This trip would give a lot, could be done in 10 days and would provide you with a real smorgasbord of Europe from which you can choose future destinations.

Old Nov 3rd, 1998, 09:42 AM
Lee

Erwin: The previous posters all have good ideas, I especially agree with the "Europe isn't going anywhere" statement. <BR> <BR>If you are not planning to get there again, then go for it all. Otherwise, I would suggest dividing it up into trips of 7-12 days each time out. <BR> <BR>Trip 1: London and somewhat of a flavor for England. This could be done in 10 days. <BR> <BR>Trip 2: Paris and the Loire Valley, maybe even including Provence and the south. Paris will take 4-5 days easily. <BR> <BR>Trip 3: Switzerland with stops in Grimmelwald, Bern, Lucerne, Meringen, etc. 7-10 days will do it. <BR> <BR>Trip 4: Tuscany and possibly Florence or even Venice. This would provide a beautiful trip to Italy. Another 7-10 days for this trip. <BR> <BR>Trip 5: This is the trip that we are currently planning for May '99. We will arrive in Munich and visit Bertchesgaden and Salzburg, Austria. We go to Herrenchiemsee, Munich (to visit), Garmisch, Oberammergau, Neuschwanstein castle, then on to Dinkelsbuhl, Rothenburg and finally Frankfurt and the Rhine River between Wiesbaden and Koblenz. We are allowing about nine days and I consider this the "gems" of southern Germany. This trip is a little aggressive and we may omit Austria, this time around. <BR> <BR>Trip 6: Holland, including Amsterdam, Keukenhof Gardens, Vollendam and others which could be done in a week or just over. <BR> <BR>Don't forget: One day "lost" each way to travel time. If you do it in "sections", you will have a more relaxed trip and will be better able to sample the local cultures, I think. <BR> <BR>Have fun! <BR>