Reload this Page >

EUROPE IN 2 MONTHS--HELP!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 1997, 01:25 PM
JILL ASKE

I am a female in my early twenties, and I am planning to travel through Europe for two months during the summer of '98. I am seeking advice concerning tour groups and possible travel itinerary ideas. I would also like some information on how to travel affordably--for someone out of college only two years. Also, any information regarding the Eurorail is welcome!

Old Aug 5th, 1997, 10:16 AM
psychopath

good luck sucker!

Old Aug 5th, 1997, 03:24 PM
Sally

My apologies for the last poster. You might want to check the guides done by TomeOut, Lonely Planet and Let's Go... I am sure you will have a *wonderful* time!!!!

Old Aug 23rd, 1997, 08:24 AM
Tricia

Jill, We just returned from Europe- had a big vacation all planned- 5 countries- my 18 yr. old daughter couldn't wait to see Germany and Italy. But I made the whole family go to a little unknown island in the North Sea, off the coast of Holland- to visit family- who didn't know I existed previous to contacting them. Well, we all fell in love with Terschelling. Its a perfect place for someone your age. They haven't had a murder, ever, one traffic accident in 10 years, etc etc. Its like in the US we have Easter vacation in Florida- there all the German and Dutch teens flock to Terschelling in July and August. The ferries have gaily singing people, ready to holiday. They ride their bikes off, with their sleeping bag and backpack and away they go, to campgrounds or youth hostels. Met some exceptionally nice people in a little Dutch Windmill pub that were there for holiday. Everyone speaks English and Holland is very friendly to Americans. There were a few on the island, found a soccer team fron the US. You can also work there as they are eager to hire my daughter. She and a girlfriend are going there summer of 98. If you want to talke to er just address it to April at this E-mail address.Know you'll love it. Can give you the board of tourism's address and they can send you brochures etc. Also her boyfriend works at the youth hostel and is a wealth of info.

Old Aug 23rd, 1997, 11:06 AM
Nils Johnsen

I recommend the fjords of the western Norway. Bergen is a beautiful city! You can by a Fjord Pass in Norway or you can stay in the youth hostels which give you much value for money

Old Aug 25th, 1997, 12:28 PM
Marisa

Hello, I am planning on going to Europe on Sept. 20 and I will be staying in Vienna, Austria. I will be there for 10 weeks, what do you recommend I go see, I definitely want to go to Italy, France, and I heard Prague is nice, any other recommendations? Open to any suggestions, thank you.

Old Aug 26th, 1997, 09:46 PM
Tricia

to Sensational girl- check out the following website: www.europtrip.com. Go in through Alta Vista Search Engine- this is a good site for young travelers as has diairies and live dialog from college students who toured Europe, lots of Youth Hostel Info, the Eurorail system etc.