Europe - Here we come.

Search

Europe - Here we come.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Europe - Here we come.

Hi, I just wanted to let all the Fodorites that have helped me plan our trip that We are now ready to go. All booked and set up. Thank you to the many bits of advice that I have received. We have updated our computor in the last 2 months and I have found it difficult to reply to everyone as I didnt save all my Fodorite info. However, my Husband , grand-daughter and I will be leaving Australia for Europe on the 1/04/07 for 4 weeks. We will be starting in Paris,up thru Switzerland, Germany,Austria and then to Italy. I can see why some people might think me Anal when all I have left to do is pack our bags and tell my 97 year old Mother I am going (Ouch). Please keep the info up for travellers. You have no idea how helpful you have all been. Regards Pawsha

Old Jan 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM

Hello pawsha, have fun getting ready for your time in Europe. And having your granddaughter with you will add to the pleasure of your trip I am sure. I love seeing the world through the eyes of a child.

pawsha, if you click on your name which is next to the Welcome at the upper left hand side of the screen you will be able to see all of your various threads and posts that you have done, hope that is of help to you. Best regards.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 02:28 PM

Keep in mind: your mom doesn't have to know all the details. Mark on her calendar when you'll be back (maybe the next day, so she won't worry why you are not at home at 10 am even if the flight is scheduled to land at noon )

And give her the names of several major safe cities so she won't worry too much.

Are you going to stay in touch with her? Cell phone? Phone cards?
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Yes I call Mum every second day while I'm away. I have arranged for people to call on her twice a day but when I ring she will tell me how lonely she is and how many planes have crashed throughout the world. Mum is physically and mentally VERY fit for her age and I am sure she is going to outlive all of us but I still feel guilty about going.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 03:20 PM

That is exactly what my mom would say when I would call her too, except she would add that my dog was pining for me! Guilt tripped daughters unite!!
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 03:24 PM

Hmmm... this is what I think when my children travel But I don't say it, only think! I am so relieved when they finally come home!
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 05:07 PM

"Yes I call Mum every second day while I'm away. I have arranged for people to call on her twice a day but when I ring she will tell me how lonely she is and how many planes have crashed throughout the world"

Dear Pawsha,
Thank you for my laugh of the day! I think your mom and my mom would get along very well!!

Have a wonderful trip!

Johanna