Reload this Page >

Euro Rail Pass vs. Brit Rail Pass

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 10:02 AM
s. c. dixon

I was think about buying a British Railpass for my next visit to the UK but a friend said it is much cheaper to buy a Euro Railpass even if one uses it only in the UK. Has anyone ever done this or heard of this? Do you know what the cost is for a British Railpass or the Euro Pass? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 10:32 AM
tom

your friend is mistaken as the europass is not good in england. go to the eurail site and you can get info

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 06:19 AM
Nigel Page

The above is quite true. The BritRail pass is totally separate from the EuroRail pass. The EuroRail pass is NOT GOOD in England, Scotland, or Northern Ireland. It is good in the Republic of Ireland however. If you are only going to be in UK and want to use a rail pass then you WILL HAVE TO BUY the BritRail pass. Before you pop for that you might want to research the cost of just buying point to point tickets, depending on where you plan to go, and it may be cheaper in the long run. Go on over to the BritRail web site and you can figure all of that out. Also be aware that the train system in UK has been privatised and ownership is now spread among many companies, so depending on where you are headed you may be using different companies with their own pricing structure. Confusing eh?

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 07:53 AM
xxx

to the top...

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 09:58 AM
Debbie

<BR>Also - if you are getting a Britrail pass- be sure to pick up the book - <BR>BRITAIN BY BRITRAIL - it helped me plan out different day trips and helped me time my vacation with train schedules and suggested trips. Very worthwhile - I got mine from BN.com. <BR> <BR>have fun. <BR>Debbie