Estimated Budget?

Mar 13th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Becky

Estimated Budget?

I'm trying to estimate our budget for our upcoming trip to Andulucia Spain for ten days. We are in our 20s. We will NOT be spending $$ clubbing or on mixed drinks, etc. We are staying at inexpensive hostals. We basically want to see the sights(cathedrals, Alcazar, etc.), eat at the local cheap places: I foresee us getting churros and hot chocolate for breakfast, grabbing a tapa for an afternoon snack and eating supper at a local place--nothing extravagant.

1 night in Madrid
3 nights in Sevilla
5 nights in Nerja(day trips to Granada)

Have you done something similar recently? What should we budget? Thanks!

Mar 14th, 2002, 04:55 AM
ttt

anyone?

Mar 21st, 2002, 04:36 PM
Judi

Hi Becky, I know you are getting excited about your trip! I can't remember when you said are going to be in Nerja but we will be there from April 12-30.If you are there during that time perhaps we can meet. Spain is one of the least expensive places we have been in Europe. There are a lot of cheap places to eat in Nerja. Bella Roma is a nice restaurant - good pizzas- at the land end of the Balcon and you can eat outside. I hope you have the best time!

Mar 21st, 2002, 08:20 PM
Rex

I'm guessing that you're really just asking about meals. Have you found sources on the lodging you want to use? And transportation withIN Europe is a major expense people fail to consider adequately.

I'd say $25 per person per day is fairly minimalist, and allow yourself $40 every third day - - this should feel at least a little bit like a vacation, you know. Visit grocery stores. There are not a lot of good options for $4 lunches in Europe (like you can find in American fast food resturants - - though I cringe at calling those "good" - - compared to food in Europe), but $4 can go a long way when grocery shopping.

Best wishes,

Rex

Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:08 AM

topping, for Becky

Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:48 AM
GGinSF

I think budgeting $40-50/day per person for food, sights and travel expenses is reasonable, even less if you're not drinking wine, beer, etc. You probably will spend less than the $50/day but if you can budget it then you won't have to watch every peseta (oops, I mean Euro). If you take away travel costs and only worry about food & sights then I'd think you're looking at $30/day. The AVE from Madrid to Seville isn't cheap but I think it's definitely worth the cost vs. the slower trains.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:54 AM
will

Rex mentioned grocery stores as an option for lunches. That's a great idea. There is a "non-American" fast food chain in Spain that remember being decent for a quick lunch or two. I think it's called Rodillos (or maybe Rodillas). Have a great time!

Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:27 PM
Did Becky ever

Giving it one more chance.