Reload this Page >

England in October

Search

England in October

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 1999, 07:21 PM
Tony & Sheri Benko

England in October

We are planning a trip to England and Scotland. We would like to hear from some people who went to these countries in October. How was the weather and would you recommend going in October.

Old Feb 19th, 1999, 08:23 PM
ron

October is my favourite time to visit England and have done so in that month in four of the last five years, and will probably do so again this year. <BR>Lower air fares, fewer tourists, no need to make advance train, B&B reservations, cool but nice weather are among the reasons. I don't go to Scotland, but if I did I don't think I would go any later than September.

Old Feb 22nd, 1999, 03:44 AM
Pam

I spent 3 weeks in England & Scotland in late Sep/early Oct. and couldn't have asked for better weather! I realize we may have just been very lucky, but if I was planning another trip, I'd defintely go during this timeframe. As the other poster pointed out, less traffic, tourists, etc. make it ideal. Have a great trip!

Old Feb 22nd, 1999, 01:45 PM
Boysy

We live in Northumberland (the most northerly county in England before the Scottish borders). We are sometimes lucky having an Indian summer in September, and in the past it has been quite pleasant then. However, October can be quite chilly, to say the least, and wet, as well as very windy. Try to come over slightly earlier if you can. The schools go back in September, so things are much quieter from mid-Sept onwards. The English weather is (as you will find) a much-debated and talked about subject, as well as being highly unreliable, the further north you go. E-mail me if you want any information.([email protected])or if I can help with things to see on your trip. Have a good one!!

Old Feb 22nd, 1999, 01:59 PM
Ned

We are Australian and visited England and Scotland in Oct 1994 and 1996. In 1994 we travelled through the very North of Scotland including the outer Hebrides. You won't find the weather warm, but based on our one experience it was great. The Autumn colours were magnificent...something we don't get here. Both times we were in London until 30th Oct and as others have said its a great time to see things without the crowds. I'd recommend going in October <BR>