Emergency- help please?

Search

Emergency- help please?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emergency- help please?

Iæm in Oslo right now, my flight to Poland is in a few hour's time. Is it true that the Passport control in Polandæs airport can refuse you entry if you have no tickets booked out of the country?

I plan to spend a few days in Poland, then from katowice book a train or bus to Prague, have been online the past hour looking for any possible buses/trains out of the country but it seems impossible.

Pls help?
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 01:50 AM

You're right, it doesn't look as if you can book a train online (I didn't look at buses).

But perhaps if you go to a travel agency in Oslo, you can buy a train ticket Katowice-Prague?

Also, "can refuse you entry" does not necessarily mean "will refuse you entry". But I'd try to go to a travel agency...
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 01:54 AM

Get to the airport early and ask. There should be internet available at the airport.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 02:09 AM

As they are both Schengen countries will they even check your passport in poland. Worth finding out?
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 02:36 AM

When we visited in November they wanted to see our travel insurance documents before they would pass us through the border and did not ask how we intended to leave though to be fair we were on a Coach Tour with a Group but many left in a variety of Cities. Be friendly, enthusiastic about seeing their Country and stay smiling and polite. Hopefully all will go well for you.Like already said - they may refuse you entry - but also they may not if you are able to clearly explain your intentions. This - with Polish is not always easy to do. Do seek assistance from someone who actually understands the language you speak. This is a great help. Most Border guards work long hours in dreary conditions and are none too cheerful as they face hordes of Tourists going through their lovely country - the pay they get appears to prevent them from doing the same. Keep checking countries you are visiting ahead of time as many have quirky issues that can cause major issues. Good Luck.