Reload this Page >

Elysee Hotel in London

Search

Elysee Hotel in London

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 11:38 AM
Cindy

Elysee Hotel in London

I am going to London this December and have reservations at a hotel called "The Elysee" on Craven Terrace near Hyde Park. I can not seem to find anyone who has stayed there or even heard of it. I'm beginning to wonder if the place even exist. Any advice or info on this hotel would be very much appreciated.

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 11:42 AM
Kim

Yep, I've heard of it. Might be able to get you some more info on it. Just returned from London myself. Will investigate and let you know. <BR>

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 11:51 AM
Kim

Cindy - go to www.hotel-assist.com, London hotels are in alpha order, bring up Elysee Hotel and you'll get their home page. I looked into staying there myself. Great rates! Even pictures for you to see. Hope you got rates as good as Hotel Assist gives. I've used them twice now to book my hotel in London. Anything else you need to know, just ask. I love London! Have a great time. <BR>

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 12:18 PM
Cindy

Kim: Thanks for your help. I actually booked this hotel through Hotel-Assist. The only information they would give me other than what's listed on their site is that they have reserved this hotel for many people that were very satisfied but that's it. I really just wanted to hear from someone who actually stayed there, but I haven't had any luck with that. I am expecting the room to be very small. I don't plan to spend a lot of time at the hotel but I still don't want it to be a dump. Thanks for your help! <BR>

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 03:45 PM
Ellen

I stayed there back in about 1994 or so. It is just around the corner from the Lancaster Gate tube. The neighborhood then was fine. Like you, I picked this place based upon the very, very good rate. I also did not want to spend much time in the room. From what I recall, I arrived and was somewhat disappointed. The room was small, but certainly no where near the smallest I ever had in Europe, and really dark. Somewhat depressing from my memory but it was clean, albeit lacking in any charm. I even ran to a few hotels nearby and asked to see rooms etc. They were less well kept than mine and even higher in price. I stayed there 5 full nights and it was adequate. I hate to disappoint you but this place has no charm at all. The best feature I think is the rate. But, my experience was that at least it was clean and tidy and the staff was helpful. <BR>Ellen

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 06:16 PM
Marty

We stayed there at Easter in 1997. We liked it. It was being updated while we were there, and the rooms that had been done were pleasant, but, of course, very small. The bathroom is tiny, but you have your own. There is a great little pub, the Mitre, about 3 steps across the tiny street. The manager was very nice and kept after closing one night to have drinks with the staff. That was a lot of fun. The underground stations, Lancaster Gate or Paddington, are about 2 or 3 blocks away. Kensington Park and Hyde Park are about a block away through a little alley street. The breakfast was included and was enough to get us going each day. The price can't be beat. The staff was very helpful. We had booked a room up the street, and it was so horrible we could not stand to stay but one night. We moved the Elysee and spend the rest of the week. The Elysee was a welcome relief!

Old Nov 30th, 1999, 10:53 AM
Cindy

I would like to thank everyone for there responses and input on this hotel. I feel much better about staying there now. I had come to expect a small room just from the reading I've done on London. My biggest concern was cleanliness and staff. You all have lifted quite a bit of stress off me. THANK YOU!

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 05:08 PM
Dinah

I have booked the Elysee for the first of April and I was wondering about your experience there. Was it clean and safe? My mother and I will be traveling alone and we especially need somewhere safe. Thanks for any information you can relay to us.