Search

Elipsos booking BCN-PAR

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elipsos booking BCN-PAR

Hi all,
Having some trouble getting the MINI rates on Elipsos site (93E). I read the conditions which say that if you book Club or Grand (I'm not) you must buy 2 tickets. It doesn't make any such stipulations for Tourist class, though, which is what I'm trying to book. http://www.elipsos.com/en/Precios.aspx

Anyway, when I click on Purchase, it bounces me over to renfe who lists the price as 196E when I "buscar" (I double checked the entry is for one person, one-way). No special rate shows up - just the regular rate. https://venta.renfe.com/vol/listaTrenesElipsos.do

Any ideas about how to get the better rate?
Old May 11th, 2011, 10:59 AM

I am familiar with the RENFE site, but not greatly with the international travel - however cannot do much without a date.

(You might be too early or too late.)
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM

The tickets can be booked between 90 and 14 days in advance. According to Elipsos, the offer is only available through RENFE, SNCF, TRENITALIA and SBB. In checking SNCF, the €93 fare comes up as a PREM fare on the 21h05 train from BARCELONA FRANCA to PARIS AUSTERLITZ.

It's a shared cabin for 4 - Cabine T4 (ou Classe Touriste) : sélectionner la 2e classe.) PREM'S : Billet non échangeable, non remboursable.

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/billet-t...ibleFare_00475
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Hi guys,
Thanks for answering. I saw/understood the same info as you've posted here, and if you click to buy you'll get an error message saying you can't buy it...

"Il est momentanément impossible de réserver un train ayant un départ et une arrivée à l'étranger. Veuillez renouveler votre demande ultérieurement."

I wondered if renfe has a shorter advance-purchase window than France and that's where the trouble lies, so I tried to buy it through renfe and see what it says. It does allow purchase but at twice the price (196 euros). Wah.
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM

That's because Renfe doesn't offer the PREM fare. It has to be purchase on the SNCF website.
Old May 11th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Oh.

Something interesting happened while I was fooling around on sncf. It looks like the system may have been updating the fares around those dates, because I clicked on a day before and after and I was able book a day after. Tried again about an hour later and I was able to book a day before as well. Hmmpf. Will look tomorrow and see if this is the ticket to success on my travel day (pun intended).