Electronic translators

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Scott

Electronic translators

Is there such a thing as a small electronic device for translating help when in europe? If so, can you get one that does multiple languages to English? If so, where do you get them and what is the general cost. Will be needing German, Italian, and French.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Jayelle

I have one called the Berlitz Interpreter. I translates basic words and phrases among English, French, German, Spanish, and Italian. It also acts as a calculator and currency converter. Sorry, but I've had it for a while and don't remember where I got it or the price.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Joe

Both single (more vocabulary) and multiple language electronic translators are easy to find, and they're very helpful. I've bought them in the electronics department of a department store and Radio Shack. Any electronics store is likely to have them.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 02:15 PM
Barb

I got a Lingo translator with 6 European languages; they also make a 10 language version and a talking one. Try Travelsmith.com, or Magellan.com; I've also seen them in the luggage stores.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:12 AM
cindy

I have a new Palm Pilot, and the accessories booklet shows translating software you can buy for all of those languages. If you have a Palm, you could look into that.