Eileen Fisher's?

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:38 AM
Li Hau

Eileen Fisher's?

Someone in another post mentioned that Eileen Fisher was a good kind of clothing to wear this year to Europe. What do you ladies think??

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:06 AM
janey

Don't know about in Europe, but I LOVE Eileen Fisher clothes. A little pricey, but worth it. Since alot of them are knits that don't wrinkle much, I would think they would make great traveling clothes. I plan to take a few to Italy this fall!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Sue

I always use her wool knits when I travel in cold weather. Lots of her summer stuff is linen or cotton, which, of course, wrinkles, but I still haul it along! She has nice simple lines that are easy to wear, etc.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Jane

I love Eileen Fisher clothing. Very simple styles but not in a conservative, frumpy fashion. Very comfortable and easy to travel with.

Check out eileenfisher.com for pictures, store locations, etc. I'm fortunate that I live near one of the outlet stores. You can find incredible deals at those stores.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:39 AM
NYgirl

If you are on the small side,it can be hard sometimes to find something that fits or doesn't look too big.Most of the styles are loose fitting and long.
But,the quality of the clothing is very good,and I love their velvets that they sell in the fall/winter.
Right now they are selling a lot of linen,which I find not good for travel,I already look rumpled enough when I get off that plane!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Lolita New

Rumpled, perhaps, but never wrinkled.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Nygirl

Lol, Yes, thank you, spritz me with that ole starch and keep those wrinkles away!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:56 AM
notforme

Just goes to prove-different strokes for different folks! I think her clothes look like boring, slapped together potato sacks. Maybe not frumpy because she uses good colors, but definitely dumpy. But, mix and match they sure do!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 07:08 AM
cheap

Eileen Fisher outlet in NYC on Ninth Street between 1st and 2nd Ave.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Suzy

Oooh, thanks for that outlet tip -- I'll be in NYC in a couple of weeks!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 07:49 AM
janey

Very bummed - I don't live anywhere near NY or Chicago (I'm assuming the IL outlet is near Chicago.) Has anyone been to the IL outlet? Is it worth a trip? What kind of discounts and selection?

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Red

I spent a lot of time working in Europe during the winter months and the washable wool knits were fabulous with a leather jacket and boots. Can't speak for summer time.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Jane

The IL outlet is about a 2-hour drive from where I live and I certainly find it worthwhile to make the trip every few months or so. This store is about a 10-minute drive from O'Hare.

I typically find prices between $50 and $150, which is a pretty good deal compared to regular retail on Eileen Fisher. There are also clearance racks at the IL outlet. I picked up a skirt for $20 and a silk tank top for $10.

Also, this outlet carries plus sizes as well as regular sizes.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:23 AM
janey

Hmmmmm The savings would pay for a trip to Chicago!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:49 AM
maryjane

I have found Eileen Fisher to be the greatest for travel. Easy to pack, neat, great to mix and match and available not only in EF outlets but on line and in many Department stores. For the person who said it is too big for a small person, EF comes in petites.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Gail

Thanks for all your thoughts about Eileen Fisher clothes. I will be going to France in September and hadn't thought about taking her knits but will definately look into her fall collection.