Eiffel Tower to Pont d'Alma

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would be the quickest way to get from the Eiffel Tower to Pont d'Alma, where we board for a river cruise? There doesn't seem to be a metro line that runs between the two...would it be best just to walk?
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Never mind...I'm apparently going blind looking at the computer screen...
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 02:32 PM

I would walk.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 06:56 PM

Hi octoberinparis, you might want to go to www.mappy.com, on the left side of page put in Tour Eiffel and Paris, be sure to change the drop down menu from United Kingdom to France, below that enter Pont de l'alma, Paris, France then click on the pedestrian and it should give you a fairly accurate account of the distance. Hope this helps.
Susan
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 09:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
You can take the RER C one stop from Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel to Pont de l'Alma. Then all you have to do is cross the bridge to the boats.
Old Sep 26th, 2007, 04:22 AM

You could, but you could probably walk it just about as fast, depending on whether you are starting at the Tour or just in the neighborhood.
Old Sep 26th, 2007, 04:25 AM

Or you can cross the river from the Eiffel Tower to the Palais de Chaillot and take the metro there (Trocadéro) -- direct to Alma-Marceau.
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 05:25 AM

Walking would be quicker than taking the RER.

You could cross Pont d'Iena and take the 72 bus, or catch the 42 bus on ave de la Bourdonnais near Quai Branly.

It's a bit of a walk from Pont de l'Alma to the ticket office/boat dock.

In the nice weather, the Bateaux Mouches have a shuttle from Pont d'Iena (the Tour Eiffel side, on the right) that will take you right to the dock. If you don't already have tickets or a voucher, you can purchase your tickets from the driver (and avoid standing in line at the ticket office).
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 08:30 AM

It's about a 15 to 20 minute walk as I remember. I'm assuming you want to see the infamous tunnel where Lady Diana died. I was dragged there by my husband (on two different trips). If you are an admirer of Lady Diana, I'm sure you'll want to see this. By the way, it's on the other side of the river. But a pleasant walk.
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 09:24 AM

DJKbooks - do you know if the shuttle runs in autumn, or is it mainly in the summer months? Thanks! Heather
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 10:09 AM

Heather, I don't know. It's an open air vehicle (a "train" sort of thing). We found it parked right where you'd head for the Bateaux Parisiens or Vedettes de Paris from Pont d'Iena (their competition) - last week. We actually prefer the huge Bateaux Mouches to the smaller vessles because there's much more room to walk around for enjoying the sights or photo ops.

I would imagine it's there, except in the worst of weather, to gather up customers.

It was empty as we approached, but as soon as we boarded, it filled right up with others. It took the driver about 10 minutes to process tickets for everyone (quicker than the ticket line at the dock). Then, he drove right down to the dock and dropped us off, where the next boat was leaving in ten minutes.
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 10:12 AM

I have always preferred the Bateaux Mouches due to the size of them and the possibility of walking around easily. I saw the Bateaux Mouches shuttle sitting under the Eiffel Tower a couple of weeks ago, but I don't know how long it operates out of season.