Reload this Page >

Eiffel tower restrant?

Search

Eiffel tower restrant?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 08:43 PM
Glenn

Eiffel tower restrant?

I saw somewhere that there was a nice restaurant in the tower? Does anyone know anything about it? My wife wants to go for her birthday. I think it was called the Jules Vern?

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 08:57 PM
Donna

That would be Le Jules Verne. Rather pricey, but one of those "worth it for the experience" (the only one we'd care to repeat) endeavors. You must PHONE to book (after you've made your hotel reservations) as soon as you know you're going. Or, you could try booking at www.reservethebest.com, where you can find hours and prices along with a photo. To us, this was one of the most romantic experiences on the planet. Pricey, for sure, but the food is magnificent and the views are positively unsurpassed (in Paris, anyway). Best time to book, if you can, is way ahead of dusk. Plan to spend the entire evening enjoying a "repast". It's on the "second level" and you can wander outside (advise your waiter). Even better views of the city are from the piano bar afterward.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 09:41 PM
Anna

Augh..the Jules Verne. That's a story I often tell people when the subejct of nightmares on a trip comes up. It's a long and ugly story.....but it all comes down to the fact we paid over $240 for dinner there for 2 people a few years ago..and the meal was AWFUL!<BR>One of the worst I've EVER eaten. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone...not even Hitler.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 04:29 AM
traveler

Aren't there two restaurants in the Eiffel tower? Now this was a long time ago, 1983, but my husband and I had a wonderful meal in the lesser expensive of the two. The atmosphere was much more casual, but still had the fabulous view and the thrill of dining in the Eiffel Tower. That is one of our favorite memories. And, we still marvel at how that full dinner, including dessert and a bottle of wine, cost us only about $15 dollars worth back then. Yes, it was almost 20 years ago, and the exchange rate was great, but it was still quite an experience for the price!

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 05:36 AM
Gretchen

For the person who didn't recommend it because of eating there several years ago--there has been a new chef in the past year or so who has ressurected the menu. Our experience last week was very memorable--I would recommend lunch for a more (relatively) affordable bill.<BR>The view is awesome.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 06:27 AM
Rex

The "other" (less expensive restaurant on the Eiffel Tower is Altitude 95. I have only eaten at Jules Verne (1992) and enjoyed it immensely. There are a number of good personal experience posts here on the forum. I recommend that you try searching using &lt;&lt;altitude&gt;&gt; and &lt;&lt;Eiffel&gt;&gt;. The "relevance score" list has a pretty good thread, dated from this year at<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/messages.cfm?fid=2&amp;tid=1275258&amp;numresponse s=15<BR><BR>and the "official" Eiffel Tower website has a cutesy, virtual visit look-see at Altitude 95 at<BR><BR>http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/tour_uk/visite_virtuelle/visite_360/page/altitude95.html<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 08:42 AM
Fred

Reservation must be made long in advance - best is to pick up the phone and call.Jules Verne<BR>Tour Eiffel 2nd Stage<BR>Champ de Mars<BR>75007 Paris<BR>Tel: 011-33-1-45-55-61-44<BR>Fax: 011-33-1-47-05-29-41<BR>For more Paris information e-mail me- [email protected]<BR><BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 09:00 AM
Deena

We had a FANTASTIC meal at the Jules Verne last September. Lunch is less expensive. We reserved using reservethebest.com and it work beautifully. We requested a window view and everything was perfect. The food was excellent and the service effecient and friendly. It was one of the best meals I've ever had.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 10:40 AM
Dolce

Jules Verne is booked out till October... Try to find something elese.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 10:21 AM
XXXXXX

Initially I wanted to dine at The Jules Verne, but my hotel concierge recommended a more value for money schedule that included eating at the tower.<BR><BR>I had a meal at Altitude 95 that was included with a tour provided by Paris Vision, I did an entire day with them that included a boat ride sightseeing and lunch. The view was wonderful the food was good (wine included) and the price was right. This tour can be taken during the day or at night with the illumination tour and dinner.<BR><BR>Enjoy!<BR><BR><BR>

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 11:33 AM
ja

I have seen references to a 295FF prix fixe lunch. Has anyone tried this? Are their several desirable choices offered with each course? Thanks for the input.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 08:48 PM
Thomas R.

In 1994 we went to Paris for my wife's 40th birthday. She had dreamt for years of having her 40th birthday dinner at the Jules verne atop the Eiffel Tower and thought it would be so romantic and wonderful. It was anything but. Our table was right next to (just inches away from) two pthers and from where we sat our only view was of a bit of metal girders and part of the sky. The food was outragously salty and the prices were sky high. We barely could eat anything as the taste was so horrible on every course we ate. My wife cried and cried that night when we got back to our hotel.

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 07:05 AM
nina

I booked a lunch reservation at Jules Verne from reservethebest.com upon a recommendation on this site last month for my upcoming trip next week.<BR><BR>I can give more info. when I return. Hopefully it will all work out!

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 09:12 AM
Marilyn Ham

In March we booked lunch at the Jules Verne through reservethebest. The day before going we reconfirmed by phone--which they ask you to do. The view was spectacular--we had asked to sit next to the window when we reserved. We had heard that it was less expensive to order from the fixed price menu. When you get the menu it is in English and the first page is in French. We asked which was the fixed price menu. It is the first page French menu. You pick from the items available. If I remember right there are 3 appetizers, 3 main courses, 3 desserts, etc. We also ordered wine. The bill came to about $64 each for the entire lunch--lunch is cheaper than dinner. The food was very good, but I've had better. Marilyn

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 11:31 AM
Cynthia

I had lunch at the Jules Verne in February. My sister loves that restaurant and wanted to meet us there--I expected a tourist trap with bad food and ended up having a wonderful lunch, great wine and service that was efficient and very friendly. All in all it was a wonderful experience with a $50 price tag per person.

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 05:18 PM
Lorna

The tables at the Jules Verne are very close together. When we ate dinner there we were not able to carry on a conversation as 2 inches to our right was a wealthy American couple; the older man must have been hard of hearing as he practically shouted everything at his far younger wife. We heard all about his real estate holdings at length the whole 2 hours we were there. And just inches from us on the other side was an American family complete with hyperactive young boys. From them we heard a non stop plea from the parents to the boys to "behave yourselves".

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 05:51 PM
Delores Baccus

The Jules Verne Restaurant has its own private elevator at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower. The food and wine list are <BR>very impressive not to mention the view.It is located 400 feet up on the second level.May I suggest the Fordor's 2000 Paris guide book. It has all the info about the restaurant Reservations are very hard to get for dinner so you may want to call before you leave the U.S. My husband took me there for lunch and it was romantic. I though he would have a stroke when he looked at the prices. However,we can't put a price on the memory we will have forever. Dining in the Eiffel Tower with Paris at our feet was something I never imagined we would ever do! Just to save you some shock, our bill with a bottle of wine was $250.00 U.S.

Old May 11th, 2001, 03:37 PM
upsy daisy

<BR>upupupupupupupu for you Mary!