Search

Edinburgh B&B

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 1999, 11:52 PM
Carolyn

Edinburgh B&B

Can anyone recommend a B&B in Edinburgh? We would like to have "charm" and be close to the attractions. <BR>

Old Sep 6th, 1999, 08:39 AM
anne

In December of '97 we stayed at Ard- Na-Said, on 5 Priestfield Rd. in Edinburgh. It's short bus-ride from the historic center of town. Mr. and Mrs. Lyons are friendly hosts, the decor is lovely, and the breakfasts, served in a charming dining room (the pretty plaid window hangings and tablecloths still bring a smile to my face) are plentiful. Phone 0131 667 8754

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 02:46 PM
Jeff

Hi Carolyn, <BR> I recommend the Elmview B&B. I've stayed there a few times and I think it's the best place I've stayed in Scotland. It goes for around 35 pounds per person sharing. You get complimentary sherry and there are a lot of extras such as refrigerators and biscuits. The owners are very friendly and will help you any way that they can. The rooms are very large and superbly decorated. They have a website; just type Elmview B&B on a search engine and check it out. <BR> It is very near the castle (15 min walk) and near all of the sights. Have a great time!

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 05:59 AM
Sue

Carolyn, <BR> <BR>Last August three of us stayed at 17 Abercrombie Place. It was delightful and within walking distance to the main street in Edinburgh.

Old Sep 12th, 1999, 02:07 AM
Troy

Had a great experience at the Melville Guesthouse!! If ever I'm back in Edinburgh, I'll stay there again. Excellent in every area. A+

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 05:17 AM
silvia

Well, for all those who may be interested: abercrombie place in Edinburgh: we thought it was dirty, and that the owner had a very negative attitude (especially to any hint of criticism).

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 08:59 AM
Mel

We've stayed at the Dunedin Guest House, 8 Priestfield Road, Edinburgh three times and wouldn't go anywhere else! They are four star, but priced to compete with 2 stars, beautiful, historically registered home, all en suite rooms, full breakfast, etc. WONDERFUL hosts! E-mail address is: [email protected].