Edinburgh after dark

Search

Edinburgh after dark

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edinburgh after dark

I will be in Edinburgh on Friday through Wednesday at the end of July. Please make some suggestions for activities for the evenings.

To give you an idea of what I like, when I have been in London during the evenings I do West End shows, London Walks, Ceremony of the Keys, chamber music.

Thank you.

Keith
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 08:55 AM

All of those things are available in Edinburgh. When you arrive get a copy of The List, the local listings magazine, and see what the specifics avilable are.
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 08:58 AM

Edinburgh is hopping with pubs/clubs/bars/discos of all genres so finding evening activities should not be difficult. Also ghost tours abound in the Old Town/Royal Mile area. A good place to start your reserach would be at the Scottish tourist authority website - http://www.visitscotland.com and the Edinburgh Tourist Board at http://www.edinburgh.org/
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 09:42 AM

Also note that it won't get dark in Edinburgh in July until around 10pm. Worth thinking about if you are planning to go on an evening ghost walk, for example, as the frisson isn't quite the same in daylight...
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 06:17 AM

Unfortunately you'll be here in the hiatus between the regular theatre & concert seasons finishing and the festivals starting. The Fringe officially starts on August 7th : there will definitely be some shows previewing during the previous week but I'm not sure about the week before that. The Fringe programme comes out in mid June. The Jazz & Blues Festival starts on July 29th. See wwww.edinburghfestivals.co.uk for links to all the festivals' websites.

Sheila's suggestion of getting The List is an excellent one.