Easyjet important question on a name with one letter too much

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We bought three tickets in Easyjet to fly from Rome to Geneva none of us have EU passports,
now we have printed the Flight Booking confirmation and realized there a few minor
mistakes I would not mind having them in another airline but heavens knows why I am
worried with Easyjet...
1) We are two women and my grandson, in the Flight Booking Confirmation the three of us have a Mr. before our names instead of a Ms. for me and my daughter.

2) My grandson has two last names, the middle one has an extra letter by mistake in the
middle of his first last name, the following last name is correct as well as his first name.

I read in their webside that names can be changed for a fee,I am assuming that when doing the
checking by mail I would not be able to replace the Mr by Ms ? nor take out the extra
letter without paying a penalty which really hurts me to do.

Has any one being in a similar situation? , I have flown tons of times with minor mistakes in the spelling of my name, like an extra letter or a minus letter....but I do not if it will be differente in Easyjet....

Thank you
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 05:06 AM
J62

Just curious - What is it about Easyjet that makes you worried?
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 06:41 AM

I wouldn't worry about the Mr or Ms issue. That's their error and not a big deal.

I also doubt that they will even notice the extra letter in the middle name. I think drawing attention to any of it will just open a can of worms.

That's just my opinion ...
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

J62 is that most in easyjet most everything is through the internet no human sympathy of the other side,
also this is the first time I will fly with them although I had to cancel and lost the $ of a few tickets long ago because I got severly ill.Of course that time I got all the names right.

I tend to agree with scdreamer and that has been my experience many time with other airliners...thank you both.I guess there is always time to pay extra. The beauty of Easyjet is
the low fares, that is it.I hope we can go through, I shall let you know. TKS
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 07:04 AM

Hi,
Just flew with Easy Jet, Edinburgh to Paris last Saturday. I was listed a Mr. but am a Mrs. No problem at all.

Of all the flights on the board at Edinburgh the only delayed ones were Easy Jet flights! Our flight was over 3 1/2 hrs late. Got to airport at 8:30 am, scheduled to depart 11 am, finally left at 2:30 pm...don't know if this is the usual for Easy Jet.

Did get a voucher for three pounds to use in the airport. Other than that the flight was fine. Pleasant staff etc. apologized numerous times for the delay. Would definitely use them again.

Take care,
Michele
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Tks Michele, I guess I am too old to deal only through internet.
I was imagining all sorts of problems, tks a lot. It is good to know.