Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

EasyJet begins service to Paris from London.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 08:16 AM
Sherry

Received an e mail from Easy Jet that service from London (Liverpool & Luton) to Paris is starting and it is practically free. At least it is pretty reasonable. <BR>Then there is a connect to Nice.<BR>

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 12:10 PM
Andre

Here's the press release<BR><BR>http://www.easyjet.com/en/news/20020322_01.html

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 01:40 PM
Tom

topping<BR>

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 01:57 PM
Rex

Great news alert, Sherry.<BR><BR>Have you ever flown EasyJet? No qualms, I am guessing. Who sent you the e-mail?<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:00 PM
Patrick

I'm not sure why you'd do a "connect to Nice". Easy Jet already flys direct from London to Nice, from both Gatwick and Luton.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 03:32 PM
Rex

Patrick,<BR><BR>She may have been referring (obliquely?) to the fact that there is also a new increase in daily service to Nice (from London). More in the post by Andre than mentioned in this post. See also another thread on this.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 05:01 PM
fran

Sherry, thanks for the news alert. This is great news as I need a one way ticket from LGW to Nice. Works out to around 85USD which is a great fare.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:08 PM
Sherry

Well, Easy Jet sent me the e mail. And I have no idea what-so-ever how I got on their mail list as I have never flown them. I didn't realize that they already have service to Nice, Patrick. And I should because I met people in Nice last year that had flown them. Forgot that! They said the flight was fine and they were thrilled with the prices. Also, the airports were much closer for them to fly from then Heathrow.<BR>Also, when I flew out of Nice, my gateway was next to one of Easy Jet's and there were a lot of people flying them.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 08:54 PM
Rex

Thanks, Sherry.<BR>

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Andre

Rex:<BR><BR>Have flown Easyjet several times and have lots of good things to say about them!<BR><BR>- Easy, fast booking on their website with just ONE fare per flight at any given time (always one-way): the earlier you book the cheaper it is. This actually makes sense, as opposed to other airlines' pathetic games.<BR><BR>- You can still change your travel dates for a nominal fee and any difference in fare for your new flight once you've booked.<BR><BR>- They serve airports you would fly to anyway on a traditional carrier (except Luton which is fine though)<BR><BR>- Checkin & boarding is a breeze. Wait until they call your number at boarding though: they will not let you cut the line!<BR><BR>Of course: no seat assignments or free food - this is a discount airline.<BR><BR>Andre

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Rex

Thanks, Andre.<BR>

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 01:03 PM
MrsWilson

I have flown Easyjet several times most recently in January to Madrid. Never had any problems with them. My return flight from Madrid to Luton took off at 9.00pm and it was a wonderful clear night all the way back to London... it was nice seeing the strings of lights of the Spanish towns and villages right up to the coast and the Bay of Biscay.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Ann

I've flown easyjet several times, and have been very happy with my experiences, except for one.<BR><BR>I had planned to fly from Belfast to Liverpool, then on to Barcelona. Because of a family illness, I had to cancel the Barcelona leg. I called easyjet, fully expecting that I wouldn't get any sort of refund because it was just a few days before the flight. So I was pleasantly surprised when I was told I would get a full refund, minus a cancellation fee. When I never received the refund, I e-mailed easyjet. It took them 3 weeks to get back to me. They told me that they never would have said I would get a refund. Nice. You know, I wouldn't have been upset if they had just told me that up front, instead of lying.<BR><BR>But I have to say that this hasn't stopped me from flying them.