Eastern Tours vs General Tours

Aug 14th, 2001, 01:55 AM
Leamon

Eastern Tours vs General Tours

We are planning a trip to Russia in 2002. We are considering either Eastern Tours or General Tours and are interested in your recommendations. Due to the prices, we are leaning toward Eastern Tours. We're interested in hearing from those of you that have been to Russia with one of these tour companies. Many thanks.

Aug 22nd, 2001, 11:02 AM
Barbara

Hello, want to let you know we took the Eastern Tours package, 1st time in Sept. of 2000 The Land of The Tzars package & 2nd time in April 2001 The Hermitage package, which we also added 4 nites extra to stay in St Pete. & do lots of shopping. Everything was great, we had no problems, for the price it was worth it. This is a budget tour, the kind my friend likes to take, so I went along & it was fun, both times. In fact the 2nd time we took 2 more of our friends on this trip. I would highly recommend it again. You cannot beat Eastern Tours... e-mail me if you have any questions......
Barbara

Aug 22nd, 2001, 01:23 PM
Kris

We used General Tours many many years ago and although we really liked it, you'll probably want a more current recommendation. I just wanted to post to tell you to look at where the hotels are, they were pretty far out when we used them and I've recently seen a posting suggesting that they are still using the same hotels.

Aug 22nd, 2001, 04:27 PM
Leamon

Thanks so much Barbara and Kris. We appreciate the information. Barbara, we'll e-mail you in the future since we have some additional questions.

Aug 22nd, 2001, 06:22 PM
Debbie

Leamon-We took a GT Russia tour earlier this year-it was great. We're usually independent travellers, however, this trip we prefered the group tour experience,especially since we do not speak any Russian. On the tour, we had a client services manager who will meet your plane in one city, stays with you the entire trip, and goes to the airport with you when you depart. Our manager was both very well prepared and professional. The local guides used in both Moscow and St Petersburg were also very well prepared-let me tell you, they'll get you thru the most crowded museums with ease. The drivers used had nerves of steel driving in that traffic! In our book, GT did an outstanding job and we would definitely use them again for another group tour. I have read numerous posts about ET, and all have been complimentary about their tours - not an easy decision for you to make! Please e-mail directly if you have other questions.