Reload this Page >

Eastern Europe Suggestions ???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 1998, 03:47 PM
loraine burger

Greetings! <BR>We're planning a trip to Budapest, Vienna, Prague and Krakow in August 98. Would you please share your suggestions for places to stay and side trips? This is only a 3 week trip so we have to be pretty efficient... We are trying to minimize expenses and don't need fancy places to stay. Would rather spend the $ on food, exhibits, shows, etc. <BR>Many thanks.

Old Jul 14th, 1998, 03:57 PM
Linda

We stayed at Pension Balbin in Prague. It is safe, clean, helpful English-speaking staff, shower & toilet in room, 5-10 minutes from just about anywhere, near the Museum Metro & Wencelas Sq., serve yourself breakfast for $35-40/night for 2. We got it through reservations@avetours. anet.cz AVE was in the guidebook as having better quality listings. In Budapest, we stayed with Dr. Walter Fleps, retired English-speaking attorney, in his home on a hill overlooking the city. The view from the terrace was great, breakfast was large, & he has typed tours which he will loan you. He is at Bogar utca 20b, 1022 Budapest, Hungary, phone (including 1 for long-distance) 1-36-1-326-8170.

Old Jul 14th, 1998, 03:57 PM
Linda

We stayed at Pension Balbin in Prague. It is safe, clean, helpful English-speaking staff, shower & toilet in room, 5-10 minutes from just about anywhere, near the Museum Metro & Wencelas Sq., serve yourself breakfast for $35-40/night for 2. We got it through reservations@avetours. anet.cz AVE was in the guidebook as having better quality listings. In Budapest, we stayed with Dr. Walter Fleps, retired English-speaking attorney, in his home on a hill overlooking the city. The view from the terrace was great, breakfast was large, & he has typed tours which he will loan you. He is at Bogar utca 20b, 1022 Budapest, Hungary, phone (including 1 for long-distance) 1-36-1-326-8170.

Old Jul 21st, 1998, 08:27 AM
S. Haller

I was in both Krakow and Prague 2 weeks ago. Stayed with relatives in Krakow but don't miss Wawel Castle. There is free admission on Wednesdays to the cathedral, and royal quartters, but get there early as you still have to line up for tickets. Also the old town square is very charming and has many souvenior stalls inside the main building. It is about a 10 minute walk from the castle. In Prague we stayed at the Park Hotel. It is a modern hotel built during the communist era. It lacks charm but is clean and efficient. Doubles are about $100 US per nite with a buffet breakfast. Guarded parking is available for 150 Crowns per day. Make sure to kiss you sweetheart on the Charles bridge and don"t miss Prague Castle, especially St. Vitrus Cathedral. Food and beer are cheap in both cities and there are tons of places to tempt you. Hope this helps. <BR>

Old Jul 21st, 1998, 06:55 PM
Agnes Light

Hi, I`m a Hungarian citizen living in the US. <BR>I cannot offer you fancy hotels or restaruants, but I can tell you tipps or cool places to see in Budapest or anywhere in the country.If you have any questions just write to me. <BR>