easiest city with children?

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 01:43 AM
susie

easiest city with children?

I travel as the lone adult with my two kids (ages 10 and 12), and so like a city that is easy to navigate, safe, with plenty to do and see. We have thoroughly covered Paris and London in previous trips and need another European major destination for our next trip to Europe this spring. Since we are travelling from Asia to the USA our European stop needs to be a major city. I am considering Amsterdam and Vienna... Any other suggestions?

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 04:04 AM
Julie

Your ideas of Amsterdam and Vienna sound good. Both have a lot to do/see within a walkable area. Consider also Barcelona> It has lots to see and do and again easy walking possibilities.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 08:29 AM
P

Susie,<BR>Stockholm gets my vote!!

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 09:20 AM
kam

Took our kids when about that age to Amsterdam--great city for children. Took side trips down to Delft and Madurodam, the miniature city. You might also look at Berlin or the Shannon area of Ireland.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 11:16 AM
xxx

I was on a vacation through Ireland with a few children of the same age. They were pretty bored. However, they were much more fascinated with Scotland. They enjoyed exploring all of the castles. <BR><BR>Amsterdam would be my choice in your situation. I think the kids would enjoy all of the waterways and there is a lot of things to see. Also the people tend to be very friendly.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 12:05 PM
julie

Madrid is also a good option. It is easy to get around the city by metro with kids. The metro system is excellent and has fewer levels than the one in Paris. Madrid also has many great museums.