Early Flight from Venice

Search

Early Flight from Venice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early Flight from Venice

We have booked a 7:15 am flight from Venice...It is on a discounted airline(Volare)..so they want you there 2 hrs earlier! Will we have a problem getting to the airport at that hour??? Does the vaporetti run that early? maggie
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 08:19 AM

Maggie,<BR><BR>Do a text search on this topic. I've seen a thread about it before (I'm in the same boat this summer...not literally...ha). I printed the info at that time, but don't have it with me right now.<BR><BR>It IS possible from what I remember, but you can't take the vaporetto; you have to take another launch line that runs in the very early hours. I think it was Rex who had the info on it, but I might be mistaken. The company name began with an &quot;A&quot; and that's all I remember.<BR><BR>Sorry. Hopefully your text search will turn up something.<BR>
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 08:24 AM

www.alilaguna.com
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 08:58 AM

That was it! Thanks, Geoff.<BR>
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 10:06 AM
GAC

The first Alilaguna boat will get you to the Airport by 6:00 a.m. However, there is a 5:00 a.m. ATVO bus from Piazzale Roma in Venice (near the rail station) which arrives at the airport at 5:20. This is the earliest you can arrive by public transport other than a water taxi or a land taxi from Piazzale Roma.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 10:26 AM

Maggie, clarification on a few things. I don't think the &quot;2 hrs earlier&quot; rule is just because Volare is a discounted airline. I think they all require this.<BR>Vaparettos are the boat/buses that go around Venice &amp; to the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello. The Alaliguna is the airport transport. The alaliguna only leaves from 2 places in Venice proper, the San Marco stop &amp; the Zattere stop. So unless you're staying near one of those 2 stops you'll need transport from your stop. Bottom line, at that hour, a water taxi is usually the best way to go. It will cost 70-85 euros depending on where you are. This is regardless of # of passengers. Your hotel can reserve it for you. It's obviously easiest if your hotel is on the water.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 10:49 AM

Agree-water taxi
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 11:08 AM

We did the same thing a couple of years ago. I argued for cheaper public transport, but my wife insisted we do the water taxi which was about $70. <BR><BR>I hate to admit it, but she was right (this time). They picked us up on time about 100' from our hotel, and dropped us right at the airport. No intermediate rides, hurrying to the place near train station with luggage, etc. At that time of the morning, I would recommend the water taxi. The convenience is worth $70.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Greetings!<BR> Thank you so much for your input..that really helps!!! Maggie
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 12:30 PM

I have left from Venice two or three times on an early flight. I caught the 4:45 vaparetto from San Marco and got to the airport with plenty of time to spare. I didn't mind getting up that early since it made it easier to sleep on that long flight back home. It just depends on if you are a morning person and you want to save the $65.