Reload this Page >

E-mail from La Rosa di Venezia re: its availability at Christmas and New Year's

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2006, 06:43 AM
MaureenB

I haven't stayed here, but I must have inquired via e-mail last year. I just received it from them this morning. I suppose it's legitimate. Thought I'd pass it along in case anyone is looking for lodging this upcoming Christmas/New Years in Venice.

"Dear former guests, dear prospective visitors,

Due to a cancellation, the entire period around forthcoming Christmas and New Year at La Rosa di Venezia is available - and since this is, among the true lovers of the lagoon city, one of the most desired seasons for a holiday in Venice, I thought it might be interesting for some of you to make use of this unexpected possibility.
I hope that all of you are well, and I'd love to welcome some of you again (or finally, respectively).

Best regards
Robert Schlesinger"

I think this hotel was recommended a few places, or I wouldn't have inquired in the first place. Please let me know if anyone else knows anything about it.
>-

Old Nov 11th, 2006, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't this the apartment that Franco has stayed in and recommends? It looks very good.
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 07:12 AM

I take it, Ekscrunchy, that if "Franco" recommends it, it must be the greatest thing to come along in Venice since Tintoretto....
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 08:09 AM

I got this email too, and yes, I did inquire about it, but it was about 3 years ago. I'm sure it's legitimate.
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 09:45 AM

Girlspytravel/Spygirl - I love you, too. Maybe I should feel honored to be the target of your unsolicited hatred for so many months (already before Fodor's banned you under your former nickname "Spygirl&quot, and of course, like Goethe put it, what does the moon care if the dogs are howling at him ... but don't you think it could be tiresome for the other posters if you're bashing me every second day? I'm not interested in you, and it would be nice if you did all of us the favour of not being interested in me, as well.
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 10:00 AM

My apologies to everybody else if my joy about Girlspytravel's constant nice postings has prevented me from answering the topic of this thread. Yes, this is the apartment I'm preferring in Venice. Yes, I've got that mail today, too.
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 02:11 PM
MaureenB

I replied to the e-mail, to let Mr. Schlesinger know that I've posted his notice here. He sent me back this nice reply:

"Thank you indefinitely for posting this on Fodor's, that's extraordinarily nice of you. Since you've informed me, I've searched and found your posting
there - it wasn't last year that you've inquired with us, it was last April.
I've included your last message here (see below), so you can see, yes, we are really only writing to people who have once been our guests or have
inquired with us.

Thank you again, and best regards
Robert Schlesinger"

He probably meant to say "infinitely" instead of "indefinitely" in the first sentence. Anyway, sounds like a very nice businessman, and definitely a legitimate opening.

Thanks for the feedback, Franco.
>-