Dylan Hotel- Amsterdam (WATCH OUT!)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just returned from a two night stay at the Dylan Hotel (formerly Blakes) and it was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Maybe that is the reason why this property keeps changing ownership.

Mark my words......do not even consider this hotel if you expect any comfort.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 07:55 AM

It would be very helpful if you can describe in detail what you mean.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 08:42 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
do tell. what went wrong? how did you choose this particular hotel in the first place?
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

the first night the room was visually appealing upon entering but were everything from the drapes to the sheets to the towels were dated and filthy. The room was completely unfunctional as well, shower was awful and nothing in the room worked properly. (and I mean nothing). The flooring was made of a material you could not walk on barefoot. It was 75 degrees outside but management felt it was not necessary to turn on the air conditioner in the rooms. My room was a complete sweat box and sweated thru the night.

The next morning I immediately went to change rooms for the next night and they put me in another room. This room again was decent upon first inspection but again had no air-conditioning. We were forced to leave the windows open for air and the mosquitoes were awful and kept us up all night biting us. It was worse than camping out. Once again, nothing in the rooms functioned properly and upon closer inspection of the stuff in the room, this new room was outdated, stuffy and overall of poor sanitary standards.

The General Manager of the hotel was off on vacation and I still have not gotten any explanation or apology for this nightmare of a stay. You would figure after the first night of a miserable stay, management would have put me in a room that was somewhat comfortable.

The staff could care less and I advise you all to stay away from this property.
I also stayed in the American Hotel in Ledspelein and it was significantly better.

The Dylan needs to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch if it wants to be thought of as a high end hotel.

Old Jul 16th, 2005, 12:49 PM

Thanks dougieo. Have you posted your comments on Tripadvisor.com also? Many people worldwide check that site for hotel reviews and your comments would be very much appreciated I'm sure. This hotel does not sound good at all from what you described.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 01:03 PM

Dougieo,

Thanks for the report. I looked the hotel up on the net, and it looks just wonderful. At € 295 for a standard room, it should be.

Goes to show that it is better to rely on first hand knowledge than flashy web sites.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

yes the website is deceiving. As I said, the rooms at first glance are visually appealing but once settled in the rooms are so uncomfortable.