Dutchflyer will not respond, HELP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have booked travel on the Dutchflyer from London to Amsterdam. I have a reservation number and now all I need to do is pay. I have sent them several e-mails asking how I pay, with only one response. They said to call or on the web site. The web site has no place that I can find to pay. I have called the phone number and do not get a response.

Now I do not trust them. If I pay, I want to ensure I get some kind of receipt. Since they never respond to e-mails I have to wonder who I am dealing with. I only have one day in London prior to my travels to Amsterdam. Is anyone familiar with this company? Any suggestions?
Thanks-
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 05:19 PM

My best suggestion is that you make other travel arrangements.
Why in the world would you give money to a business, unknown-to-you, that is unresponsive to your inquiries of how to pay THEM?????????
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 05:26 PM
pwc

I agree.

I don't know anything about this particular company, but my philosophy in life is .. always rely on your instincts.

If you're feeling uneasy already -- then by all means follow your gut and make other arrangements.
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 05:56 PM

Hello rjwtacoma, out of curiosity I went onto Google and typed in Dutchflyer. It is evidently (as I am sure you know) a "sail and rail" type of transportation co. Already have forgotten the name that they used to have.

Suggest you go to Google and look at the websites that come up.

I am also a firm believer it is terrible to not get proper service after you pay your money. If there is not proper service before you pay your money...well they would not get my money. Best wishes to you.
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 08:54 PM

The Dutchflyer is a join venture of the large ferry line Stena, the national Dutch railway, and "one" which is the train company for East England.

It's therefore definitely a legitimate business. Problem these days with many companies are poor web support. There was a thread in the Asia board a few days ago about booking the hotels at the new Disneyland Hong Kong. No online booking, emails don't get answered, and he/she was put on hold on phone for over half-hour paying long distance, and never get to talk to anybody...