DUQUESNE EIFFEL HOTEL, PARIS?

Old Aug 14th, 1998, 02:32 PM
Bryan

DUQUESNE EIFFEL HOTEL, PARIS?

I have reservations at the Duquesne Eiffel Hotel in Paris the first week of Sept. Has
anyone out there ever stayed there? Did
you like it ? How is located to everything?
Thanks

Old Aug 16th, 1998, 10:22 PM
Martha

I can't locate this hotel in my guidebooks, but Eiffel sounds like it might be in the 15th arrondissement (neighborhood), which is fairly far from the center of things. If you have the real street address of the hotel, the last two digits of the postal code are the arrondissement. If you can change your reservation, you might consider choosing your arrondissement first, and then your hotel. The 1st is near the Opera and the Louvre; the 5th and 6th are the Latin Quarter; the 8th is the swank area near the Champs Elysee. The 18th is around Montmartre-- a quaint area, but, like the 15th, fairly far from the action. We usually stay in the 5th, where there are lots of restaurants, and plenty of people around at night.

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 08:34 AM
Christina

The Eiffel Tower is in the 7th arr.,
not the 15th, as is your hotel -- on
avbe Duquesne near the Ecole
Militaire. This is a very good,
central, nice location. I don't know
that particular street, but you are
not too far from rue de Babylone, les
Invalides, the Rodin Museum,
the Eiffel Tower and Champ de Mars,
and these are all very nice areas and
neighborhoods -- there are several
metro stops near that will easily get
you quickly to other areas of Paris.

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 01:29 AM
Martha

Oops- sorry. The Champ de Mars- Tour Eiffel stop on the RER is in the 15th, but the tower itself is, as Christina said, in the adjacent 7th. I should also have mentioned that you can't figure out the arrondissement from the postal code of a CEDEX address. Taking the arrondissement into account when choosing a Paris hotel still seems to me like a good idea. -- Martha

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 04:43 AM
Donna

The Duquesne Eiffel is located between Hotel des Invalides and Ecole Militaire in the 7th a short walk from the Ecole Militaire metro stop. There are half a dozen or more bus routes nearby which are handy. It's 10-15 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. Also a short stroll from the Rue Cler neighborhood (of Rick Steves fame). Just before World Cup, the entire hotel was redecorated and the bathrooms were updated.

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 05:54 AM
s.fowler

Here's a website...
http://www.webscapades.com/france/paris/duquesne.htm