Dublin to Paris..........

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 09:16 PM
Theresa

Dublin to Paris..........

Lax to Dublin in Feb or March. What airline do you think would be the best for the direct or the short hop...I hear that Air Tahiti Nui, Air Canada and Aeromexico are really cheap....
Thanks

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 04:13 AM
ian

Although I have not taken time to check schedules, I really doubt if Air Canada or Aeromexico offer any flights from Dublin to Paris (unless for some reason they have flights that make stop in DUblin then go on to Paris). Your best bet is to check out RyanAir for low cost options from Dublin to Paris. Again, I have not checked their schedule but I think they may have direct flights. If not you can get there via connecting flights for sure. I have used Ryan and they are top notch. Check them out on the web

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Rex

I agree with ian that it would be surprising to find that these carriers serve this route, but maybe they do.

If you do choose Ryanair for Dublin-Paris ( and I have and I was very satisfied with it), beware that they fly into BVA - - "Paris" Beauvais - - about 40 miles NNE, a very small airport with few services (like no ATM or other currency services, or at least this was true in 1999). But of course you can get currency in Dublin since both countries use the same (euro).

On a positive note, good service from Hertz, Avis, etc. there in case you are headed some place where you want to rent a car.

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Siobhan

Ryanair is probably your cheapest bet...I do not know where you got the other airlines for this route but they do not offer Dublin to Paris Flights.

I am using Ryanair myself this week for the 2nd time from Dublin. Beauvais airport is out of the city centre but, we boarded a bus straight away that took us close to the Arc de Triomphe and lets you off outside the James Joyce Pub. They are open early and you can have a coffee and croissant while you get you bearings and head off to the hotel. The bus back to beauvais is here as well and the run on a schedule of something like every hour on the 1/2 hr...check with Ryan air on this as I am not 100% sure of the schedule

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 11:52 AM
topping

for Theresa

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Bob Brown

Aer Lingus right now has 3 non stop flights from Dublin to Paris, CDG.

For less money you can change in London, usually Heathrow, with British Midlands.
Those BMI prices have been advertised at less than $100. I don't know how much airport tax needs to be added on to that figure.
I have seen the non stop Aer Lingus flight priced at $200 or therebouts.
Of course with any price like that, I don't believe it until I have paid it and have the ticket in hand.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 09:24 AM
xxx

Is Aer Lingus fiancially sound? Any precedent for them to interrupt service if they were to go insolvent? Amazingly, they have quite a few fares for $99 US to Dublin with lots of dates still wide open, especially from Chicago.

Might be the cheapest way to get to Paris from the midwest this winter!