Reload this Page >

Dublin to Cashel

Search

Dublin to Cashel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 06:57 PM
Jen

Dublin to Cashel

Honeymooning in Ireland and I have a question. We fly into Dublin, stay 3 nights, and were planning on picking up the car and driving to Cashel to see the sights and spend the night. We originally wanted to stay 2 nights in Kilkenny and day-trip from there but our b&b is booked for the first night required. Is Dublin to Cashel too far to travel in one day? I've been given the advice to plan on 50 or so miles a day. I think this is more. Is it do-able?

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 11:07 PM
Kathleen

It's an easy drive from Dublin to Cashel, on a main road. I drove from Kildare to Cashel in less than two hours. It's well worth the trip, the Rock is a wonderful sight!

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 06:00 AM
Charlie

Not a difficult drive at all.On our last trip we spent our first and second nights in Cashel and it was nice.We stayed at a B&B called Maryville in town with a view of and within walking distance of the Rock.

Old Jun 13th, 2000, 07:00 AM
Ann

The best hotel/inn I've ever had the pleasure of spending a night in is the Cashel House. It's not cheap ($200-$300 a night, I think, but that included possibly the best dinner I've ever had and a good breakfast), but definitely worth it. It's a small inn, but they even have row boats and horses for the guests. We booked a "superior" room, which was a junior suite with a beautiful garden view, and fluffy robes! I don't have the number on me, but the Irish Tourist Board would be a good place to start. <BR> <BR>Sounds like a good trip. Kilkenny is my second favorite city in Ireland, after Belfast. Dublin is third. If you drive into Kilkenny, leave your car parked until you leave. The streets are narrow, even for Ireland, and packed all the time.

Old Jul 3rd, 2000, 05:42 AM
Dave Hutchinson

It is a beautiful drive on great roads. Should be a piece of cake! Please check out my recent Irish trip photos at www.CrazyAboutTravel.com Ireland is an incredible place. <BR> <BR>-Dave-

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 08:38 AM
virginia

Easy drive. If you like horses, stop at the National Stud on the way and see racing thoroughbreds - mares, foals, stallions.