Reload this Page >

Dublin-London Ryan Air

Search

Dublin-London Ryan Air

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 08:47 AM
Patti Suttle

Dublin-London Ryan Air

We are flying from Dublin to London Gatwick on Ryan Air-their information says to be at the airport 2 hours in advance. I know that for trans-atlantic flights you need to be there at least 2 hours in advance. I know that its always best to be as early as possible. That said, is being at the airport 1 hour ahead of the flight OK for this flight? (We have to be there early enough!) <BR>Thanks for any advice! <BR>Patti

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Rex

Based on my experience flying ryanair Dublin-Paris, I'd say one hour is fine. <BR>

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 09:00 AM
kate

Don't worry. Check in actually closes 30 minutes before the flight. I have arrived 25 minutes before the flight, sprinting through the airport and bargaining my way onto the plane. I don't recommend it from a stress point of view, however!

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 09:09 AM
Cathy

Patti, <BR>Ryanair runs a tight ship ie no late closing etc. Dublin airport is a small airport coping with a lot of traffic and people so do allow yourself plenty of time to park and get to the terminal building. In addition to all that there is some construction work going on. <BR> <BR>By the way Ryanair are offering flights for 1 irish pound that is about $1.10 at the moment - check out their web site. <BR> <BR>Cathy

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 05:49 PM
steve

Dublin is a rather small airport so I wouldn't think that 2 hours is necessary, but I would make sure you are there at least an hour before. They don't hold the flights - if you aren't there when they close the door, you are out of luck - saw it happen there last year - the door had closed only a minute before, but he was out of luck

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 01:33 PM
Patti Suttle

Thanks everyone! An hour ahead it is! <BR>Patti