Dublin in 1.5 Days

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 07:11 AM
Harry

Dublin in 1.5 Days

What are some of the highlights of Dublin, that I should see in a day and a half?

Any suggestions on what part of the city to stay in?

Any help is appreciated...Thanks!

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 08:23 AM
Mary

I was in Dublin for a few days in October, but only had one full day to sightsee, so I know where you're coming from. The better area of the city to stay in is south of the Liffey, but it's also a bit more expensive than north of the Liffey. One thing I did that I thought was great for a person with limited time is get on a hop-on-hop-off bus tour of the city. It is relatively inexpensive, and will bring you around to the main sights, such as Trinity College, St. Stephen's Green, and Dublin Castle. I think there were 12 stops in all. You may also want to visit Kilmanham(sp?) Jail, which was not on the bus tour, but is still a wonderful sight. I think bus 51 goes there from the city center. Have fun, and I hope this information has helped.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 08:25 AM
Pamela Corcoran

In Dublin do not miss Trinity College and it library which houses the Book of Kells. In addition, see the Guinness factory for a tour and sampling.

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 07:37 AM
Dave

There are walking tours of central Dublin which are very good. They start at the entrance to Trinity College a few times a day. Also a walking tour of the College and Book of Kells. You can't miss the advertising leaflets.

Have breakfast at Bowley's.

Museums are good.

Newgrange is worth a trip if you have a car.

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 12:43 PM
lee

I agree with Dave. The walking tours are great.
Have a good time.