Reload this Page >

Dublin B&B or Guesthouse

Search

Dublin B&B or Guesthouse

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 02:47 PM
Danna

Dublin B&B or Guesthouse

My father in law and family members are off to Ireland in Sept. I need suggestions for Dublin B&B or Guesthouse suggestions for close in, cheap and safe neighborhoods appreciated. Are there areas we shouldn't suggest? Also, if you know about daytrip Tours for the two of them that would help! <BR>Thanks Danna

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 05:05 PM
Sue

Danna (not any relation to John Mueller, are you?), do a search on this site (above). Type in "Dublin B&B", select Ireland, and click on find. You will get lots of good info.

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 03:03 PM
Cathy

Danna, <BR>Check out www.ireland.travel.ie for a list of approved B&Bs and select which ones you are interested in and then post on this forum looking anyone who may have used them. The above site is the official site of the Irish Tourist Board and It is more reliable than most other sites in recommending places as it grades the B&Bs and keeps an eye on their level of service and general standard. Soutside Dublin is more exclsuive (and expensive) than northside (that is north of the River Liffey). There are some lovely B&Bs around Sandymount which is close to Dublin Bay or alteratively anywhere along the DART line (that is the city train system). <BR> <BR>Re day trips check out www.cie.ie (the umbrella company for all public transport in Ireland - you can select either the rail site or the nationwide bus site) <BR> <BR>Hope this helps, <BR> <BR>Cathy

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 05:18 PM
Mo

It's not very close-in, but it's only a 10 minute bus ride from City Center. Maura O'Driscoll runs a B&B called Wavemount in Clontarf. It's nice, comfortable, and clean. But the best part is Maura. She'll treat you like long lost friends and make special treats for breakfast. She recommended plays, invited us to watch "telly" with her, and even called the car rental company to arrange for them to meet us at the train station. We recommend her highly to everybody and wouldn't dream of going to Dublin and staying anywhere else.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 05:20 PM
Mo

Oops! It may help if I give you contact info. The address is 264 Clontarf Rd., Clontarf, Dublin 3, and her phone is 01/833-1744. She'll reserve the room with a letter. Each room has a private bath, and costs around $30 a night.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 05:38 PM
Danna

Replies. <BR>Sue, no I'm not related to John Mueller, but he must have a Danna in his family. Odd name, but mine... interested to know how she was named. I was named after my dad Danwood, my mom modified it. I later tried the B&B Dublin search, thanks. <BR> <BR>Cathy, I'm printing off these messages and appreciate your thoughts,thanks for the info! We stayed south of the river and don't have experience in other areas, in reality or planning thanks! <BR> <BR>Mo, this sounds like a find! I found Clontarf B&b's in my exploration but didn't have any idea of the area or the practicality of the area. Tell me more! My father-in-law was talking about staying in a hostel..this sounds hostile.. trust me. <BR>Thank you all