Dublin Airport Hotel Suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Dublin in March, and flying on from there to Italy on a noon flight out of the Dublin airport. My younger brother (26) who is traveling with us will be spending that day/night in Dublin, and flying home the next morning at 9am. He's never been to Europe before, so I'm not sure how he'll do on his own (I'm assuming fine...). We have rooms booked at the Harding Hotel for the one night we are in Dublin at the front of our trip, but they are full for this evening. Any suggestions on where I can have my brother stay this night? I was thinking the airport, since he has a morning flight out and because it seems relatively cheap and easy to get to/from the city center for him during that day/night he will be on his own. I'm looking for something under 100 euros that is clean enough. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

Quick follow up - I spoke with my brother, and he prefers the stay at the airport option. So any suggestions for that area would be much appreciated!
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 02:57 PM

Try this, from 79 Euro per nite. They have a free airport shuttle, as well.

Bewley's Airport Hotel:

http://www.bewleyshotels.com/dublin_airport_hotel.asp

Bob
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 03:28 PM

We are using Dublin as our gateway city to Italy (great fares) and also wanted a hotel by the airport with a free shuttle.

We almost booked with Bewleys. The rate was great (84 euros per night) for a family room. I was sold until I read their terms.

It said something about the rate not being set (even after you make reservations) and if the price should increase upon arrival, they will give you the option to cancel your reservation if you do not agree with the increase. Obviously that is not verbetam, but that is how I understood it to read. I shot off an email explaining my disappointment in their terms and they tried to assure me that the rate would stand. I, on the other hand decided not to chance it and am booking with Crowne Plaza.
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 04:26 PM

I second the recommendation for Bewley's Airport Hotel. I've stayed there many times and have always been pleased. The shuttle is great and the staff is always polite and professional.
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks - I was able to book Bewley's and get a discount for pre-paying.
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 03:18 PM

I have no information for you as am just now thinking of Ireland for a few days next summer. But I do have a question...what airlines are you using for flight to Italy and to which Italian airport? All I have been able to find is Ryanair which leaves out late at night. Thanks for info.
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 04:15 PM

About 3 years ago we took Aerlingus to Bologna. It left later in the afternoon. No problems at all.