Search

Dublin 2

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dublin 2

Message: Thank you all for the information, I will definitely take your advice.
I'm still having A hard time trying to figure out what to do with these girls for five days in Dublin. 18 year olds aren't terribly interested in history or museums. How about shopping areas or any outher ideas? Should we use taxies or public transportation. Are those splash tours worth trying?
I Emailed a place in Ballsbridge that rents vacation flats with kitchens on Clyde Rd that might be good for them to stay. Thanks again for the help...Jon V
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Jan 4th, 2005, 03:44 AM

Clyde Road is a nice area in Ballsbridge. Is there a reason why they will not stay at the hotel with you (in their own room?). I thoink it would be less hassle overall. Ok for shopping Grafton street is an pitsoor street with the major High street chains. St Stephens green shopping Centre is located at the top. On the other side of O'Connell Bridge is Henry Street and an even larger shopping street/area with outdoor shops and indoor malls.

The viking splash tour is fun but will not take up the whole day. Use public transposrt when here. The bus routes are pretty quick in Ballsbridge and you are in town in 5-10 minutes. I personally use taxis late as night when the bus is running infrequently or if I am on my own.

If its the summer go to Glendolough as there are beautiful trails to walk and nice scenery. Alsocheck out http://www.eventguide.ie/ also take the Misucal Pub crawl (Its in Temple bar) and the literary puyb crawl. They have a Ghost Bus tour at night that is meant to be fun as well. Thgey will like the Guinness tour as you get a free pint at the end and a lovely view of the city in the circular bar.
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 04:09 PM

Consider the Zosimus Ghost tour. It's good for some laughs and they do a few scary things that will give you a start.

Bill
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:37 AM

THat tour should be fun for them too in the evening. ALso check out www.ticketmaster.ie for any music or comedy gigs happening.

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 05:16 PM

Here is the website for zozimus. Not surprisingly: http://www.zozimus.com/

Bill
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 08:03 AM

heya, my mum was on this and reading ur post and i said id reply as im a 17year old living in dublin! em, the big thing is to bring their id (passports) out with them at night as they wont get in to pubs or clubs without them! id suggest for the best nights out to go to Redbox (also known as the Pod), The Ivy or Bondi Beach. The open top bus tour is one of the best because u can shop, or go to museums, they might find Kilmainham jail interestin (i know i did!) Other then that Grafton street, Henry street and O' Connell street is good for shopping. Public transport is great, and if theres any nice weather a trip on the Dart to Greystones has a lovely view of the coast (scenic)! Also theres a big tourist office in Andrews street (off Grafton st.) and it has everythin thats going on in Temple Bar aswell! hope this helps, kt.