Search

du Nord station

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 05:17 AM
leah

du Nord station

Is the du Nord station area safe around 7pm to 8pm?

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 05:22 AM
love2trvl

Hi Leah; <BR>The advice I give is this...use your good old common sense. There are police and soldiers all over but you need to be aware of your surroundings. Are you going to or coming from? Whichever, enjoy Paris.

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 05:37 PM
Christina

Well, yeah, depending on what you are going to do. There will be tons of French people there getting on/off trains and the metro. I wouldn't wander off around the side streets and neighborhood around there ever, but what do you intend to do there? If you are arriving and just getting in a cab, that will be fine. If you are going there to catch a train at that time, there should be no problem, either. I've been there at 7 pm several times, coming or going, and lived to tell it.

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 08:22 AM
greg

I am not sure if this is your first time in France. If it is not, du Nord is just like "other" places in France frequented by tourists and newcomers, presuming you are only using the station to go somewhere else. <BR> <BR>If it is your first time, beware of anyone volunteering to help you in fluent English. Sincere French people usually do not volunteer to help you without being asked. Even so, hesitantly. This rule rarely failed me in France. This has happened to me at Gare du NOrd taxi stand. He was so gang ho in trying to get a scam taxi business, I could see "scam" written all over his face.

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 08:42 AM
Clairobscur

The Gare du Nord area is safe at the time you indicated.