Search

Driving in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving in Spain

Hello,

My husband and I are planning a road trip to/in Spain in first week of July. We have 8 days. Right now we are considering Barcelona, Sevilla and possibly Granada. We are considering two options:

1) Flying to Barcelona from Fontainebleau (near Paris) where we live, spending 2-3 days in Barca and then driving down to southern spain.

2) Driving to Barcelona from Fontainebleau (near Paris) and taking a flight from Barca to Sevilla. Probably a rent a car in Sevilla for few days if needed.

Recommendations on which of the two drives are more scenic, with more interesting stops on the way, would be wonderful. The distance seems to be more or less about 1000-1200 kms in both cases.

Thank you!
Stuti
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 01:21 AM

Personally, I would fly to Sevilla and then take public transportation to other towns. A car in Sevilla is more of a nuisance than a help.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 03:20 AM

'spending 2-3 days in Barca and then driving down to southern spain. ' - 2-3 days in a boat!

With 5 days for the places remaining on your wish list I would get there as quickly as possible and therefore fly and not waste a day travelling.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 05:46 AM

Suti, you said this:
"My husband and I are planning a road trip to/in Spain in first week of July. We have 8 days."

My understanding of the term "road trip" is that a lot of that time is spent on the road. In other words, driving. Is that what you mean?

How many of those 8 days do you intend to spend in Barcelona and Seville?
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 06:50 AM

I'd definately fly from Barcelona to Sevilla (and Paris o Barcelona). You have a very limited time to visit these cities and driving will eat up too much time. You may need to cut Granada - 4 days each is barely enough for Barcelona and Granada and Granada really deserves 2 (I definately would not visit as a daytrip from Sevilla).