Driving from Rapallo to Nice

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 08:18 AM
Ron Marchese

Driving from Rapallo to Nice

Anyone have a estimate of how long it will take to drive from Rapallo to Nice on a Tueday morning in November. We have a 12:55 flight out of Nice and are thinking of spending the previous night in Rapallo.

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 01:03 PM
wes fowler

Ron, <BR>Its about 230km from Rapallo to the Nice airport via Routes 12 and 10 which equates to about 2 1/2 hours driving time. On the assumption you've got to be the airport two hours prior to departure - 11AM and check in the auto, I'd be tempted to add an hour to the drive time since you'll be skirting Genova and Savona during their "morning rush hours", thus, be on the road by 7:30AM.

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 07:47 PM
sandy

I think you'e a little nuts to even consider it. You'll be cutting it awfully close and finishing off your vacation with a very stress-inducing experience. A much better option is to find someplace nice to stay a lot closer to Nice, have a leisurely breakfast on your balcony overlooking the Mediterranean, and drive to the airport in good time for your flight home.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 07:29 AM
Cal

Sandy has a good idea...I suggest Menton, France (just beyond the Italian border)...The Charles DeGaulle (Best Western) is an excellent choice..It has a balacony view of the Riviera and is only about 20 minutes from Monte Carlo if you're so inclined...The rates are very reasonable.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 08:43 AM
Brian in Atlanta

I'll echo Cal's comments on Menton and the BW. Great hotel for the money. <BR> <BR>And I do agree that Rapallo to Nice is more than I would want to do in the morning before a flight. <BR> <BR>I did not, however, find Menton half as charming as Santa Margherita Ligure (a neighbor of Rapallo). It was larger, busier and noisier than I expected. I'd probably choose Antibes (just west of Nice) or a smaller town on the Italian side of the boarder (west of Genoa).